• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gospel Oak to Barking Line (GOBLIN) electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_world2004

Established Member
Could short formed class 345s be used on the goblin until the 710s are ready it's compatible with the signalling system of the goblin and the OHLE

And apart from the few on test in the core and the TfL Rail west and east ones they are sitting there doing nothing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Could short formed class 345s be used on the goblin until the 710s are ready it's compatible with the signalling system of the goblin and the OHLE

And apart from the few on test in the core and the TfL Rail west and east ones they are sitting there doing nothing.
They don’t have bodyside cameras for DOO, even without considering if they can run short formed or not. Sure it’s already been asked earlier in the thread, like just about every other existing EMU type has been.

Taunton

Established Member
Just yesterday I was on a 378 on the East London line.

It struck me that, if instead of the ponderous progress, crawling stops at the platform, and then long waits at every single stop before the doors were released, etc, if only the trains were run with the same pace as the rest of TfL, they could save one or more units from the diagrams of each Overground line, enough to run the Goblin without having to have bought any new trains for it at all ...

gazthomas

Established Member
There was just an article about the line and the impact of delays to delivering the new stock on ITV London News

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There was just an article about the line and the impact of delays to delivering the new stock on ITV London News

How could such an on the face of it simple project (put up a few miles of wires and introduce some new rolling stock) go so wrong?

c2c

Just yesterday I was on a 378 on the East London line.

It struck me that, if instead of the ponderous progress, crawling stops at the platform, and then long waits at every single stop before the doors were released, etc, if only the trains were run with the same pace as the rest of TfL, they could save one or more units from the diagrams of each Overground line, enough to run the Goblin without having to have bought any new trains for it at all ...
That's something that I've wondered about on my travels with LO. Coming in and out of stations is painfully slow. The NLL seems slightly better but compared to other TfL and even National Rail lines, drivers seem to brake much earlier and accelerate much more slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.