• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central have not acknowledged my refund request

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
Moderator note: Split from https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...hase-due-to-rail-strikes.253802/#post-6442251

Sorry for hijacking this thread but it’ll save starting a separate one….how long on average are TOCS taking to process refund requests due to strike days?

I had a return ticket from London to Sheffield for last Saturday, outward was Hull trains London-Doncaster and TPE to Sheffield, return was TPE and LNER. Ticket was purchased from Grand Central.

There were no TPE services on the day, I submitted a refund request on Friday 29th, citing “will not be travelling” as the reason, no sign of it as yet and not even an acknowledgment of the request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If this was an e-ticket, it should really have been instant (we would do that, but we're not a TOC!)

Have you chased them?

londonbridge

Established Member
Haven’t chased them as yet, it was just a general question as to whether other members are/have experiencing/experienced delays in obtaining refunds due to not travelling on strike days.

Yes it was e-ticket, I just emailed them attaching the pdf that they sent me in the first place. I’ll give it a few more days and probably enquire if it doesn’t show up by middle of next week.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes it was e-ticket, I just emailed them attaching the pdf that they sent me in the first place. I’ll give it a few more days and probably enquire if it doesn’t show up by middle of next week.
Do they not have an automated refund form?

If GC refunds are a case of manually requesting them via email, I am not surprised it will take a while!

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Do they not have an automated refund form?

If GC refunds are a case of manually requesting them via email, I am not surprised it will take a while!
GC use the same web TIS as Chiltern, so it should just be a case of requesting a refund through the website or app.

That said, an abandoned journey refund may well require manual intervention to avoid an admin fee being applied.

londonbridge

Established Member
No forms, it just said if you choose not to travel, email us at…….enclosing a scanned copy of your ticket(s).

londonbridge

Established Member
That’s fair enough, as I said I was merely trying to establish the average time TOCS are taking to process strike refunds.

Update: just found an email saying refund has been approved and awarded and the usual allow 3-5 working days for it to clear with your banking provider, so I’ll keep an eye on things to make sure it turns up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.