• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand central hst livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
Personally I doubt it, the orange stripe goes well on the adelantes because it's curvy, a HST is a block.

GNERman

Established Member
i don't think that the plan is to give the hst's the stripe, yet, they don't need them, whereas some of their 180's aren't even in gc livery, so I don't think it's high in the agenda...

gchst

I suppose but the time table has an orange stripe on the hst and the grand central 180s are called zephrs

GNERman

Established Member
this was new graphics so I suppose it was incase they were to put the amber stripe on, they wouldn't have to redo every timetable, leaflet etc...
the 180's are being called "Zephyrs" to continue the American theme...

Lampshade

Established Member
I suppose but the time table has an orange stripe on the hst and the grand central 180s are called zephrs

Aha, but it's not the official class name. For example, I know many people who refer to the 142s as 'awful crocks of s**t' but they're still Pacers. AFAIK the Class 395 isn't officially called the Javelin either. I think Pioneer became a sub-class name for the 222/1s as opposed to Meridian but I'm not sure on that.

Dai.

Established Member
this was new graphics so I suppose it was incase they were to put the amber stripe on, they wouldn't have to redo every timetable, leaflet etc...
the 180's are being called "Zephyrs" to continue the American theme...

That is quite a good idea I just call them Adelante cause I'm used to it. It's a hard habit to break!
=[

starrymarkb

Established Member
I beleive Adelante is a trademark of First.

Voyager is often claimed to be a Virgin Trademark but it was never registered as such. Pendolino is a trademark though - it belongs to Alstom.

Bighat

i think it looks great in plain black, it hides the muck well!!!

Surprisingly, that is not so.

A white or silver vehicle 'looks' less dirty than a black one.

Check this out on cars you see!

I run a fleet of vehicles, we stopped buying black because the dirst/mud/water spoilled the 'look' far more quickly than it did on our silver coloured cars.

Crossforth

Established Member
The GCs don't look to bad when mucky but NXEC it is awful

I hope the next operator get rid of the white

Goodridence to bad rubbish
Long live GNER :D

GNERman

Established Member
yeah, or they won't even bother with that, there will be nothing special done with the interim company, we will have to wait for the franchise winner...

GNERman

Established Member
because Ian Yeowart said in a statement to a magazine he found that the gner brand was not owned by anyone, so he bought it for use with his open access...

Pumbaa

Established Member
No richard branson bought the brand name a couple of months ago.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Only grand central have the old valentas.

Being 13, you obviously have a wealth of knowledge that the rest of us don't? The name is Ian Y's.

GNERman

Established Member
woah, he may have misheard something, we could be wrong but the evidence prevented shows that we aren't...

Status
Not open for further replies.