• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Malvern to Bournemouth or Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyH

Hi all.

Reader of the forums for some time now but never registered until now. Thought I would ask the vast wealth of knowledge evidently on here about a trip I'm planning and seeing if there is a better deal than can be found.

I'm going to be travelling from Great Malvern and can either go to Bournemouth or Salisbury, it matters not which one. I usually go to whichever works out cheaper at the time. Probably will travel on the 26th Aug or a day either side and returning 1st September. Would preferably like to leave mid morning but as long as its not too late in the day I'm flexible with timings, don't mind being booked if it means a cheap Advance. I have no Railcard.

Best I have found so far is a through fare from GMV to BMH for £20.50. That is anAdvance single so £41 all in. Wouldn't know where to start with looking at splits etc and your knowledge will far outweigh mine so I defer to you :lol:

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The extra £4 is worth it for the flexibility imo.

TobyH

Interesting. Never realised that existed. Unfortunately the reason for the trip means I won't have the time to make use of that ticket fully, it will be a case of travel down, stay for a few days then travel back up. As you say though, may be the best way if I need to be flexible (which currently I do not -things can change!)

Must remember that rover though and plan a few days to use it. Thanks for that!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looking like the through fare Advance is the best deal then unless I need to be flexible....

Status
Not open for further replies.