• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallel

Established Member
I'm hoping to see 150265 before she goes off to Wolverton, just to get a last look at the old Local Lines livery and completely unchanged interior. 219 and 238 I believe were redone more recently with the PIS displays and voices and the sounders on the doors with LED lighting inside.
I haven’t seen 150265 for a while - no idea where it’s currently working. Last time I saw it, it was particularly grotty and the ‘Welcome aboard’ safety announcement was playing on a loop, continuously. :lol:

The last one I’ve been on was 150221 before it went off, it felt like a proper throwback to a few years ago!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nammer

150265 has been on the PMH - CDF runs recently - yesterday I saw it on 1623 PMH - CDF service

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I'm hoping to see 150265 before she goes off to Wolverton, just to get a last look at the old Local Lines livery and completely unchanged interior. 219 and 238 I believe were redone more recently with the PIS displays and voices and the sounders on the doors with LED lighting inside.

She needs a good deep clean!

D2007wsm

Established Member
150265 has been on the PMH - CDF runs recently - yesterday I saw it on 1623 PMH - CDF service
Last Wednesday morning it was on a Taunton to Cardiff. It looked particularly grubby and tatty inside and out. It was strange seeing it roll in to the platform as usually it is a FGW blue 150/1 or a GWR green 150/0 or 150/2.

Last night I cought the delayed 18:56 from Temple Meads to Taunton. A 150/1 rolled in which was particularly nasty and packed inside. Several of the seat base cushions were collapsing. Stood waiting for it my friend and I were longing for the 166 on the opposite platform and the declassified First Class lol

83G/84D

Established Member
There was talk of a HST power car receiving vinyls for "visit bath". As of yet I am not aware of one having been done.

Parallel

Established Member
There was talk of a HST power car receiving vinyls for "visit bath". As of yet I am not aware of one having been done.
That’d be good - hope they hold off until after Christmas though. We don’t need more people cramming into the city before :lol:

Apedlar12

Was on the Devon Metro on the 11th November and got a video of it at Barnstaple:

Parallel

Established Member
I haven’t seen 150265 for a while - no idea where it’s currently working. Last time I saw it, it was particularly grotty and the ‘Welcome aboard’ safety announcement was playing on a loop, continuously. :lol:

The last one I’ve been on was 150221 before it went off, it felt like a proper throwback to a few years ago!

Seems you get what you wish for. FGW 150265 turned up on the 16.40 Gloucester - Weymouth tonight, coupled to a SWT leased 158 - Both liveries are now being phased out, felt like a time warp!

It stables at Weymouth tonight, and I’d imagine it’ll work either of the 0533/0640 Weymouth - Bristol Parkway services tomorrow morning. Not sure what services it forms after that...

Much of the interior of 265 looked to be held together with duct tape and yellow and black hazard tape :lol: Some good engine thrash, too!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Seems you get what you wish for. FGW 150265 turned up on the 16.40 Gloucester - Weymouth tonight, coupled to a SWT leased 158 - Both liveries are now being phased out, felt like a time warp!

It stables at Weymouth tonight, and I’d imagine it’ll work either of the 0533/0640 Weymouth - Bristol Parkway services tomorrow morning. Not sure what services it forms after that...

Much of the interior of 265 looked to be held together with duct tape and yellow and black hazard tape :lol: Some good engine thrash, too!

Should be 0640 after which to PM. Should be out again in the afternoon but depends which job it will be allocated to on the day.

brel york

And rumour has it that gwr is swapping 57212 and 57209 with northerns 150 207 ex Fnw, it will be rebranded gwr during prm Work at Doncaster

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Wonderful. Thanks guys that information is helpful for when I do the next update. Do we have any news on our first GWR liveried 2 car 165?

EDIT: I believe it is 119

superalbs

Established Member
And rumour has it that gwr is swapping 57212 and 57209 with northerns 150 207 ex Fnw, it will be rebranded gwr during prm Work at Doncaster
I don't understand the benefit of swapping? Nobody is better off this way, surely?

On Moderation
I don't understand the benefit of swapping? Nobody is better off this way, surely?
Northern are creating some 3-car 150s including middle cars with no toilet. It would be utterly stupid to put toilets into one of 57209/212 at the same time as stripping one out of another 52xxx car.

brel york

It is all in one of the magazines in Smiths.

150/2 modification work shall switch to green 'soon'
166/165 modification work shall switch to green 'soon'
AT300-800 shall be delivered in green
IEP 800/801 are under negotiation with the Dft to deliver them green, if not, they shall be vinalled.
378/1 shall be painted green prior to service entry
378/1 extra shall be delivered green after the 378/2 batch is complete for Gatwick
365/5 shall be painted green prior to service entry
158 modification work shall start 'soon' and likely after the 150/2, delivered in green
The night riviera shall be painted green 'soon'
Interestingly, if the business case supports it, the HSTs shall be vinal green
The first hst are painted green in Doncaster
Northern are creating some 3-car 150s including middle cars with no toilet. It would be utterly stupid to put toilets into one of 57209/212 at the same time as stripping one out of another 52xxx car.
we started to do the engineering design work on making one of the cars into a 52 car

Parallel

Established Member
Interesting, surprised they’ve not gone for an ex-Wessex 150 as that should have the 2+2 Chapman seats?

The 150/1 that has received mods is 150126. I used it last night.

pdeaves

Established Member
What's happened with 150249? It appears to have been out of service for ages, then in service for a couple of days, then out of service for ages again. I hoped to see it 'up my way' in green!

D2007wsm

Established Member
Interesting, surprised they’ve not gone for an ex-Wessex 150 as that should have the 2+2 Chapman seats?

The 150/1 that has received mods is 150126. I used it last night.

Aren't all of the ex Wessex 150/2s split between either GWR and ATW? Only a couple of years and the Chapman seats can be stripped from the 143s, with tables and atm rests and it can be reseated, along with the 150/0s If they are still.

Or if there are any Richmond seats floating around, could these not be put into the 153s which have Chapman seats fitted and put onto the extra 150/2?

It seems silly to have a different layout on 1 150/2 compared to the rest, makes sense with the 150/0s as they are 3 carriages. While the seats are not the best on these, they are lot better than the unrefurbished 150/1s which can be collapsed.

Wonderful. Thanks guys that information is helpful for when I do the next update. Do we have any news on our first GWR liveried 2 car 165?

EDIT: I believe it is 119

Is there any news on whether the last 3-car (165116 ) is back from Wolverton in green yet? I haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean to say it isn't around

Parallel

Established Member
Aren't all of the ex Wessex 150/2s split between either GWR and ATW? Only a couple of years and the Chapman seats can be stripped from the 143s, with tables and atm rests and it can be reseated, along with the 150/0s If they are still.

Or if there are any Richmond seats floating around, could these not be put into the 153s which have Chapman seats fitted and put onto the extra 150/2?

It seems silly to have a different layout on 1 150/2 compared to the rest, makes sense with the 150/0s as they are 3 carriages. While the seats are not the best on these, they are lot better than the unrefurbished 150/1s which can be collapsed.

I’m not 100% sure, but I thought that Northern did operate a small number of ex-Wessex units. Maybe not though.

150202 and 150216 are GWR refurbished too but retain 2+3 seats - not sure where these units came from, and I’m unsure how much power GWR have to change the number of seats - apparently this prevented FGW changing the seats on 150/1s, due to the DFT specifying how many extra seats the franchise would receive?

D2007wsm

Established Member
The 150/s came from London Midland or there predecessor. I know the seats are not new but they are the same as those on the 150/1s, due to being refurbished though they are a lot better.

It has been done in the past when Wessex ripped out the original 3x2 seats on the 150/2s and the 3x2 bus seats on the 143s.

After further research on the Northern Refurbishment thread, it seems that the ex FNW 150/2s allready have Chapman seats although in a 3x2 layout. This means they will be minus the arm rests and tables.

Once all of the retained DUM fleet have been repainted and refurbished internally, they will be very comfy. The FGW blue and pink refurb held up very well, hopefully the GWR one will do the same.

Once the last 150/2 comes back fully green, will attempt be made to treat the rest of the Turbos? and repaint or revinyl those repainted FGW blue?

brel york

150-0 have Ashbourne seating , these were retrimmed during the prm upgrade , same as on the other angel 150/2 that have been upgraded
The 150-1 either have Ashbourne or chapman ( the exfnw fleet )
150 102 won’t go back to gwr, it’s getting a repaint during prm / corrosion Work which starts in December, 150 124 will possibly be returned to gwr in the blue livery as it’s not due to transfer to northern until 2019 but that could change

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
150-0 have Ashbourne seating , these were retrimmed during the prm upgrade , same as on the other angel 150/2 that have been upgraded
The 150-1 either have Ashbourne or chapman ( the exfnw fleet )
150 102 won’t go back to gwr, it’s getting a repaint during prm / corrosion Work which starts in December, 150 124 will possibly be returned to gwr in the blue livery as it’s not due to transfer to northern until 2019 but that could change

Nice to see you on the scene and providing us with so much information. Thanks very much.

brel york

The 150/s came from London Midland or there predecessor. I know the seats are not new but they are the same as those on the 150/1s, due to being refurbished though they are a lot better.

It has been done in the past when Wessex ripped out the original 3x2 seats on the 150/2s and the 3x2 bus seats on the 143s.

After further research on the Northern Refurbishment thread, it seems that the ex FNW 150/2s allready have Chapman seats although in a 3x2 layout. This means they will be minus the arm rests and tables.

Once all of the retained DUM fleet have been repainted and refurbished internally, they will be very comfy. The FGW blue and pink refurb held up very well, hopefully the GWR one will do the same.

Once the last 150/2 comes back fully green, will attempt be made to treat the rest of the Turbos? and repaint or revinyl those repainted FGW blue?
The interior on the gwr 150-2 and 150-0 is as follows, Altro flooring is “civic and fossil “ as opposed to shadow and cloud on the northern
The panelling is in a mixture of light taupe and mid taupe and the seat frames. And lower panels are in dark taupe , grab poles are in gwr green as are seat back handles

1179_Clee2

IF this happens (and I must stress IF) it will just show how a Southern TOC can walk all over a Northern TOC and get away with it.
Does anybody at GWR know that the entire fleet of 150/1 and 150/2 at Northern will be fitted with Chapman seating.
Northern could be handing over 150 207 a train with Chapman seating and gain a train without Chapman seating in return.
Northern could now have to fund the purchase and fitment of Chapman seating to the above train, a unplanned cost to them.
The train will be out of traffic longer as it is currently at Doncaster and Northern's seating work is done at Crewe.
GREAT SWAP

brel york

IF this happens (and I must stress IF) it will just show how a Southern TOC can walk all over a Northern TOC and get away with it.
Does anybody at GWR know that the entire fleet of 150/1 and 150/2 at Northern will be fitted with Chapman
There are only seating.
Northern could be handing over 150 207 a train with Chapman seating and gain a train without Chapman seating in return.
Northern could now have to fund the purchase and fitment of Chapman seating to the above train, a unplanned cost to them.
The train will be out of traffic longer as it is currently at Doncaster and Northern's seating work is done at Crewe.
GREAT SWAP
There are only 29 ex fnw units with chapman seats fitted of which 150 207 is one all the other angel owned 150s have Ashbourne seating ,

Status
Not open for further replies.