• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater anglia depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

Hopefully should find out this week regarding yard controller position. I noticed yard controller & shunter positions now advertised for Norwich.

Moonie88

I applied for this position last year and was told to wait till early 2018 for driver assessment. My brother who applied to be a revenue officer put his forms in after and has now been taken on. Has anyone else heard past the last email about driver assessment? Cheers!

Will66

I’ve heard nothing since being told about driver assessments too. I’ve emailed them a couple of times but have had nothing more.

RobInNorfolk

I have heard nothing also. I applied for the conductor job after this one but have already been turned down as i didn't make the shortlist.

HLE

Established Member
Good luck at Crown Point, a good depot. I've left GA but was west side so not sure on the east exactly.

Got to be the best for wide variety of route and traction knowledge, for a TOC anyway.

TheEdge

Established Member
Got to be the best for wide variety of route and traction knowledge, for a TOC anyway.

Crown Point isn't the running depot, Crown Point is a different depot to Norwich, sort of, just pointing out. The full possible traction knowledge for a CP depot driver is 153, 156, 158, 170, 90, DVT, 08 and 37. Although not all have all, especially 37. Although I did, which was nice :smile:

RobInNorfolk

I got an email this morning inviting me to the assembly centre! But it’s for this Tuesday only. Is this normal for such a short amount of time to practice?

Shunter_69

You are supposed to have at least a week with the practice materials. They don’t work weekends so can only assume the email has taken an odd amount of time to get to you.

RobInNorfolk

You are supposed to have at least a week with the practice materials. They don’t work weekends so can only assume the email has taken an odd amount of time to get to you.

It arrived at 7:01 so am assuming it was scheduled to send at that time on a Saturday morning. Or it’s becuase someon dropped out and I’m a last minute replacement to make up numbers? Either way I’m grateful for the opportunity!

Shunter_69

Good luck.

When I did mine a few years back you had to sign to say you’d had 7 days minimum to practice. Bearing in mind you only get 2 life’s you could be throwing one away if you haven’t prepared well.

Bulldog

I haven't heard anything about the assessment centre either since I was told I would get notified early in 2018 to be invited to the assessment centre. Must be some delays or they are doing it in batches depending on which depot your applying for.

Jobi-wan

I haven't heard anything about the assessment centre either since I was told I would get notified early in 2018 to be invited to the assessment centre. Must be some delays or they are doing it in batches depending on which depot your applying for.

I still haven't heard anything either. I emailed in Feb and they said they'd let me know when they had a date...

Total360

Hey all,

I originally applied for role of Shunter at Cambridge, but had my application moved to the roles in Ilford and Southend Victoria to this actual job number.

Just wondering if anyone has their assessment centre this week?

hagzyboy

Just wondering if anyone has their assessment centre this week?[/QUOTE]

Yes i have my assessment day tomorrow.

HLE

Established Member
Crown Point isn't the running depot, Crown Point is a different depot to Norwich, sort of, just pointing out. The full possible traction knowledge for a CP depot driver is 153, 156, 158, 170, 90, DVT, 08 and 37. Although not all have all, especially 37. Although I did, which was nice :smile:

Oops, didn’t realise this was a depot driver vacancy thread.

I suppose it’s still good traction knowledge even if the top speed and route knowledge is somewhat limited!

Shunter_69

It’s £29k at Ilford, Southend, Colchester and Clacton. Roughly 3.5% pay rise (according to rumours) due at end of May

Alessio

I went through all the stages,i'm over the moon literally,and i got the final DMI,dont know what to expect other than talking about the company as there wasnt any mention of this in the practice material?! Anyone has any suggestions?

Cheers

Alessio

TheEdge

Established Member
It's mostly those "tell me about a time you..." style questions that are so loved in interviews these days. Worked under pressure, made a decision, made a mistake, that sort of thing

Alessio

I just had my DMI and they marked all my answers with the number 3,is it good or the other way round? o_O

sweatybeaver

hey guys, I used to work as a DD with GA, I'll answer any questions you might have within reason!
Hi, I'm unable to DM you but been searching up on GA Depot Driving. They are currently recruiting Trainee's for the role and just wondered if you could give any more info?

Ideally, I'd like to become a mainline driver over time and wondered whether this was possible and also whether the DD's get much overtime to bump the pay up a bit?

Thanks

OneLowban

Hi, I'm unable to DM you but been searching up on GA Depot Driving. They are currently recruiting Trainee's for the role and just wondered if you could give any more info?

Ideally, I'd like to become a mainline driver over time and wondered whether this was possible and also whether the DD's get much overtime to bump the pay up a bit?

Thanks
Ex depot driver on my course told me it’s a few extra k for Sunday’s worked and plenty of overtime.

ZNB12

Thanks
Hi. There is no mainline progression from Depot driver to Mainline. You will have to apply for trainee position like everyone one else and is not guaranteed like before in the past.
Sunday out side the working week. Worth about £3,000 more if you do more. Loads of overtime at the moment. Earliest sign on is 05.30, afternoon earliest 13.30 nights 20.30.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.