• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W230

Established Member
Can this ticket between Hackney Downs and Tottenham Hale only be used on a direct GA service or am I also able to use it from Hackney Downs via Seven Sisters/Walthamstow Central and the Victoria line onto Tottenham Hale.

I'm not sure what the ANY PERMITTED on this ticket actually allows.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
With out looking things up, direct services only would be my initial answer.

TP

W230

Established Member
Thanks. :)

OOI, is there any paper ticket that would allow the journeys I describe - reason being in the circumstances PRIV can be used on the paper ticket but not on the Oyster and a direct service only operates every 30 minutes.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You won't get anything on PRIV if you include LU unless it is part of a cross-London transfer or if you are on an interavailable route. (I take it that you are not safeguarded.)

W230

Established Member
You won't get anything on PRIV if you include LU unless it is part of a cross-London transfer or if you are on an interavailable route.

No prob. Thought it might be the case but wasn't sure!

Be3G

Established Member
OOI, is there any paper ticket that would allow the journeys I describe

There is, though I don't know enough about the PRIV discount to know whether or not it would be available with the ticket you'd need. BR Fares suggests the discount can be used, but it's not always accurate with discounts, so bb21 could well be right. Either way I just thought I'd point out that such a ticket does exist, discount aside!

causton

Established Member
IIRC that ticket is available, but only to people who started before [a certain date] and are therefore 'safeguarded' as opposed to a TOC New Entrant. So if you've had a PRIV for a long time, yes, if not, no ;)

(That's how railway staff members describe it to me, correct me if I'm wrong!)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
U-zone fares are only available at PRIV rates for safeguarded staff. I seem to recall that the OP is not safeguarded.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.