• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Drivers - Multiple Locations (14/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyb

Hi mate.
I’m just about to complete my 1st year solo with GA Ipswich. As a depot, it’s great. Great colleagues with a good variety of routes to sign.
That's gone quick. I look out for you, but never see you.

Is it still 2 links there, or just the 1 there now?

Have they let you lose on the strugglers yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Timpg

That's gone quick. I look out for you, but never see you.

Is it still 2 links there, or just the 1 there now?

Have they let you lose on the strugglers yet?
Hello mate hope your well. Yes tell me about it lol! Unfortunately I rarely go south of the tunnel as of yet, but in time I’ll go on to learn London.
strugglers lol?!?

mad1976cam

Does anyone know what the salary is for a qualified depot driver with Greater Anglia - Ilford?
Basic is around £31k but with Sundays/bank hols plus the few bonus bits and bobs, my mate makes in region of £39k.
I believe you work several weeks 'on' then get some time off dependant on depot. For instance you could work 8 weeks of shift work then you have 2 weeks off. In that 2 weeks if you want can do rest day work and earn a lot more!

Last edited:

20atthemagnet

Ok, cool, thanks. So for trainee mainline drivers you'd be on the trainee wage to start with and once passed and qualified it would go up to 52-54k?

What's it like at Ipswich? I live right between the 3 so all are within a reasonable distance for me

Sorry, to explain in more detail...PQA (post qualified) salary for the first year of driving solo which as explained is approx halfway between trainee salary and full wage.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
So it's ~75% salary from passing out until 12 months after? Think if I get offered this and at my current TOC, I'll stay where I am (75% @ 9 months, full rate once fully passed out)

Numbskull100

Got an invite for the SJTs today, application in for Ipswich and Norwich, the invite was specifically for Ipswich.

Jono20494

Good evening all,

Currently serving in the military and have made an application to Abellio Greater Anglia for a trainee drivers position- so naturally, new to the railway.

I’ve been doing my homework and reading up on what to expect, but I wonder if anyone has any up to date words of wisdom/experience to share of the process?

I have just completed the first online assessment- a 30 min test with 19 questions which relate to certain situations a driver might find themselves in. Generally, I adopted a common sense approach and put safety first then customer service very swiftly after. I do have a question about one of the scenarios, if anyone would be kind enough to pop me a DM- just to put my mind at rest!

Thanks for your time all- hang in there, it’s almost the end of the month!

Jono

Last edited:

Joe-7

Hi all I don’t want to be negative but I think they’ll do the same thing they done back in 2019, I’ved applied and pass my test twice and never heard from them… till now my advise will be be patient and keep an eye to other train companies there more to come soon

All the best!

WaterCup123

Hi all I don’t want to be negative but I think they’ll do the same thing they done back in 2019, I’ved applied and pass my test twice and never heard from them… till now my advise will be be patient and keep an eye to other train companies there more to come soon

All the best!
Ok, thanks. Is that the online assessment you passed and then no reply?

All the best!
I had the same thing in 2019, was just put on hold and never heard back. Really wish they wouldn’t do that

Traindriver40

Anyone know if they accept relocation ? i applied on the off chance and so far have been sent the sjt however not sure if they will bin me due to relocation at a later stage

Jono20494

I had the same thing in 2019, was just put on hold and never heard back. Really wish they wouldn’t do that
Was that for your SJT or your actual assessments? I’m hopeful as on the application they ask about what notice you need to give and whether you have any holiday booked in the next x amount of months.

L33mcc

Anyone know if they accept relocation ? i applied on the off chance and so far have been sent the sjt however not sure if they will bin me due to relocation at a later stage
I won’t name the depot (GA) but I was at a customers house who turned out they had relocated from the other side of the country to get the job about 2 years ago. If I knew what I new now I would of asked more questions lol.

Good luck

Was that for your SJT or your actual assessments? I’m hopeful as on the application they ask about what notice you need to give and whether you have any holiday booked in the next x amount of months.
SJT, never got to the actual assessments. Not to make you loose hope but it was the exact same application as last time, they always ask for holiday dates

PlexiDriver

Do you automatically get the SJT regardless of your application or is there some form of check before it happens?

At a guess, there must be some form of check as it came through a few days after my application. Presumably it’s been checked against a criteria, weather that’s a human or computer thing...who knows

mad1976cam

At a guess, there must be some form of check as it came through a few days after my application. Presumably it’s been checked against a criteria, weather that’s a human or computer thing...who knows
Your scored (it tells you your score if you check back on your application) Score most likely will be based on the multiple choice stuff you answer on the application form! I doubt someone checks application manually at this point

Numbskull100

Your scored (it tells you your score if you check back on your application) Score most likely will be based on the multiple choice stuff you answer on the application form! I doubt someone checks application manually at this point
Can't agree more.

2019 Vs 2022 I scores 12 then 11. Only one difference in the multiple choice questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.