• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Mainline/Depot Driver - Various (12/04/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JWS

Wow that’s surprising. I did email recruitment and they said they have moved me to interview stage but now I’m paranoid haha!

Do I trust the process or refill out another application form?!?

jascyl

I applied for Bishop's Stortford. Had stage 1 last Wednesday, there was about 16 people in the room. I think they also had another 2 dates I could have picked when booking this, so potentially 42 candidates at the moment.

I just got my invite to stage 2 yesterday which also had 3 dates, so I'm not sure how many have made it through. I don't know how many there were for each location either. This was my 3rd year applying for GA.

Maybe the next batch of stage 1 invites will go out soon unless they've got enough that have gone through. I'm not really sure how it works.
I had stage 1 this Monday and got invitation for stage 2 today. There were two sessions per day and 12 seats per sessions. Therefore, maybe the maximum no. of candidate invited to stage 1 is about 72, total 6 sessions in 3 days.

The email for stage 2 advised us to utilise computerised test page 42 - 84 of the practice material but these pages also include MMI, written test and SJT. Is that means stage 2 would include all these test but not only computerised test?

I noted some people said next stage would be DMI. May I ask what does DMI stand for? It is my first application for train driver. Does anyone know there are how many stages after stage 2 and what is the overall recruitment process?

Finn88

I had stage 1 this Monday and got invitation for stage 2 today. There were two sessions per day and 12 seats per sessions. Therefore, maybe the maximum no. of candidate invited to stage 1 is about 72, total 6 sessions in 3 days.

The email for stage 2 advised us to utilise computerised test page 42 - 84 of the practice material but these pages also include MMI, written test and SJT. Is that means stage 2 would include all these test but not only computerised test?

I noted some people said next stage would be DMI. May I ask what does DMI stand for? It is my first application for train driver. Does anyone know there are how many stages after stage 2 and what is the overall recruitment process?
Yeah that's a good point there was morning and afternoon sessions, I didn't think about that.

I think the SJT was what you did in your first application, but the mmi is in stage 2.

The DMI is driver manager interview. Basically at where ever you've applied for, the actual job interveiw. At least that's my understanding from browsing these forums. Also my first time going through the process.

Last edited:

golfsareus

Wow that’s surprising. I did email recruitment and they said they have moved me to interview stage but now I’m paranoid haha!

Do I trust the process or refill out another application form?!?
That’s fantastic mate, just know your stuff it’s the normal dmi questions your smash it

Zain K

Applied for the Bishops Stortford vacancy. Currently in the centre waiting to do my assessment on the last vacancy I applied for.

JWS

hey just to let people know, I've been invited for DMI for Bishops Stortford, so would seem things are progressing. good luck everybody

Samzino

Established Member
hey just to let people know, I've been invited for DMI for Bishops Stortford, so would seem things are progressing. good luck everybody
Best of luck mate. Good to hear it's moving towards that.

Zain K

Nice one and congrats. I applied for Bishops Stortford in the current running vacancy so may have to wait longer that is if I passed the tests

Samzino

Established Member
Looks like Bishops Stortford is abit of a priority as the DMIs seem to be coming in for it quickly. I assume the outher depots dmis will roll out not longer after, if they haven't already that is.