• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Mainline/Depot Driver - Various (12/04/24)

Bigsej

I’ve had the same - two emails. One for each post I applied for at London Liverpool Street…

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Covnarcom

Is the psychometric testing they mention the OPC’s standard testing? If so, I’ve already done that and passed it with another TOC. The email mentions that I’d still have to do it, which I’m confused by.

Greeny1

Passed SJT. I suspect they choose who they think are the most suitable and go from there. Its competitive. I guess we shouldn't really be surprised. At least its nice to know I passed something in the process, twice

will8447

Is the psychometric testing they mention the OPC’s standard testing? If so, I’ve already done that and passed it with another TOC. The email mentions that I’d still have to do it, which I’m confused by.
It would be OPC enhanced test so you would only have to do the fault finding test and maybe the VSE.

Samzino

Established Member
Just DFTT ideally assuming your main bulk of Assessments passed meet their scoring too(This applies to those who've sat the National Standard set of assessments already.

JWS

yep just got my email for mainline for cambs and stortford saying I'm invited to the next stages, I've already completed all psychometrics with another TOC so fingers crossed I skip abit, or wait 6months and hear nothing. haha, I imagine they are waiting for there pay deal agreement, then mass retirements so they need to air on the side of caution

VSE not required.
no VSE but they do require DFFT

King8989

Stage 1- TRP1, TRP2, Group Bourdon, TEA Occ, And DFFT
stage 2- WAFV, ATAVT, 2 hand co ordination and MMI

JWS

yes thats correct
Thanks for that, so I only have the do the DFFT I hope as I’ve already completed all other tests to enhanced….altho I know enhanced can differ from TOC to TOC.
Fingers crossed they actually do some recruiting this time haha

Andreas D

Do they supply practice materials?

Samzino

Established Member
Only if you've gotten a confirmed Assessment Center date. Usually you'll be given 7 days minimum in advance to prepare of which would included the standard materials.

Greeny1

If you want to try some of this sooner, there are websites out there that, for a fee or monthly fee, give you access to mock questions for each test. Obviously, it could be money down the toilet if you don't get any further than the SJT. However, you never know; it could give you a head start. Why not be well prepared if you can afford it? It's an interesting challenge.

Andreas D

If you want to try some of this sooner, there are websites out there that, for a fee or monthly fee, give you access to mock questions for each test. Obviously, it could be money down the toilet if you don't get any further than the SJT. However, you never know; it could give you a head start. Why not be well prepared if you can afford it? It's an interesting challenge.
Thanks I’ll have a look

Miky_G

Has anyone got an HR email address for Greater Anglia, not just a generic one that'll get lost in the system? I need to speak to them about something a bit different. If you do then can you pm me, thank you

Zain K

Applied for this role and passed the STJ. Yeah it mentioned there is 6 months for them to hold your application so really have to wait for that time period for any good news to the next stage. One friend on here mentioned it was 12 months for last year.

JWS

Yeh I can’t help but wonder, if it’s all to do with there pay deal which is rumoured to be July-august. Then a fair few retirements and spaces to fill. Potentially.

Andreas D

I’ve just received an email for the next stage.
Theirs a lot of practice material that comes with it.
Got a week to practice

Samzino

Established Member
I assume Cambridge is one of the first depots for priority will be interesting to see what other depots may have received an Email.

Last edited: