• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash1984

It was my hearing I kept worrying about, I suffer from waxy ears from time to time. So then I kept thinking my right ear weren’t as good as my left, was I gonna fail?!! Thankfully the hearing test was first, nailed that and I was fine lol!!!

Hi Timpg,

Can you provide details regards the hearing test? I suffer from waxy ears too and am a-bit nervous about my medical.

Appreciate any help & advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Timpg

Hi Timpg,

Can you provide details regards the hearing test? I suffer from waxy ears too and am a-bit nervous about my medical.

Appreciate any help & advice.

It’s nothing to be concerned about mate. Literally just a pair of headphones and a little buzzer. They play you a series of tones. When you hear a tone you push the buzzer. That’s it lol!! I just made sure my ears were clean before I went, I’m sure you’ll breeze it mate!!

Ash1984

It’s nothing to be concerned about mate. Literally just a pair of headphones and a little buzzer. They play you a series of tones. When you hear a tone you push the buzzer. That’s it lol!! I just made sure my ears were clean before I went, I’m sure you’ll breeze it mate!!

I hope so. Thanks for the reply

Mekiz79

I know you must be frustrated, as I've already said I consider myself to be rather luck with how quick this process has been. When did you do the stage 1 and 2 assessments? Also when did you apply for the GA vacancy?

Passed assessments with another TOC in October/November last year. Applied for GA around 9th April I believe.

sweatybeaver

Is there anyone still waiting for an update on this job? I initially applied back in April and each time I log in it still says "application under consideration". Is this normal?

I have emailed them and had no response but I can imagine they have a lot to get through.

Jonty

Is there anyone still waiting for an update on this job? I initially applied back in April and each time I log in it still says "application under consideration". Is this normal?

I have emailed them and had no response but I can imagine they have a lot to get through.
Hi sweaty beaver , I spoke with recruitment just this week and they are still shortlisting applications , they assure me anyone who doesn’t make the cut will be notified accordingly .

sweatybeaver

Hi sweaty beaver , I spoke with recruitment just this week and they are still shortlisting applications , they assure me anyone who doesn’t make the cut will be notified accordingly .
Thanks Jonty, are you in the same position?

yomper11

Hi,

I have been corresponding with one of the recruitment team and hes told me there are no trainee positions at the moment in the depots as they are all full, he did say southend may have some coming up, but that was quite some time ago, I have passed all the assessments to enhanced with another T.O.C but I will eat my hat if I get a call to MMI from this recruitment drive given how long the jobs been open for and the correspondence I've had.

Jonty

Hi,

I have been corresponding with one of the recruitment team and hes told me there are no trainee positions at the moment in the depots as they are all full, he did say southend may have some coming up, but that was quite some time ago, I have passed all the assessments to enhanced with another T.O.C but I will eat my hat if I get a call to MMI from this recruitment drive given how long the jobs been open for and the correspondence I've had.

Hey , I spoke with them on Wednesday and they advised they are still shortlisting so that’s odd . I’m sure what will be will be , happy waiting guys .

strangemonk

If any positions come up at Southend will be for the depot not mainline.

I wonder if they will be doing another in 2020 as lot of drivers are retiring in various depots and dont want to drive then new trains, southend is very sought after especially mainline.

Last edited:

Jack67

I heard the course for october is full but they are also doing a november course additionally. I wonder if they will be doing another in 2020 as lot of drivers are retiring in various depots and dont want to drive then new trains, southend is very sought after especially mainline.
I am going to be mainline at Southend. On October course.

Jack67

If you don’t mind me asking was you external or internal ?[/QUO
If you don’t mind me asking was you external or internal ?[/QUOTE
If you don’t mind me asking was you external or internal ?[/
If you don’t mind me asking was you external or internal ?
If you don’t mind me asking was you external or internal ?
I was external.

Status
Not open for further replies.