• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR 2020 Uniform Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESONEULB

The only information I could find for GTR uniforms was in 2017 so I thought I would ask for updated advice.

I have just been sent the 2020 Uniform & Safety Shoe order forms.

Can anyone who drives or is in driver training give me a do's & don'ts of the current uniform?

What's works for you & how does it fit etc ?

Is Great Northern the same as Thameslink apart from the badges?

KRO

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

choochoochoo

Established Member
Don't order the long sleeve jumper, the material is very coarse and will irritate your arms regardless of how much softener you've tried to use on it. Apparently, they're looking at new jumpers but don't know when we might see those.

Also seem to remember you might need to order one size smaller than you normally do for tops and jackets. They are huge otherwise.

The TL/GN uniforms are the same apart from the badges.

Class2ldn

The polo shirts you want one size bigger otherwise they shrink in the wash and stick to you lol.
If you want trousers order 1 size bigger, you order a 32 you'd need a 30 waist to be comfortable.
Terrible sizing on the clothing.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Wouldn't go for the polos. Then again, the 'proper' shirts with deodorant applied went crispy in the armpits (well done those who exercise basic personal hygiene!).

On the balance, mind, I'd still go for thermal vest, proper shirt, armless jumper / pullover and clip on tie. Much better look it has to be said.

Need2

Can't say I had any problems with the uniform, I ordered exactly the sizes I normally wear EXCEPT for the winter 'coat'.
The softshell inner (which fits inside the waterproof larger coat) I ordered as normal (xl) but the outer I had to change for a Large as xl is like a tent. (I have tried other drivers coats and xl is bloody large!)

Status
Not open for further replies.