• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR- assessment/Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevergiveup

Hi all, I recently passed my assessments with SWR and this week I had assessment centre booked with GTR. I tried contacting them but no luck.

im wondering what will happen at assessment centre with GTR, can I expect to sit DMI/MMI instead?
I feel I am not prepared enough for DMI/MMI and considering cancelling my booking for assessment day.

Please advice, thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KJCross1983

Do not cancel your booking for the assessment day. If you cancel, they may withdraw your application for the job role. Go along to the assessment day as there may be assessments you may still need to do. If not it would be prove of ID, paperwork and a tick box exercise.

Gorlash1886

I 100% echo the above do not cancel it, I would however add some companies do the mmi the same day as the assessments have a search on the forum and prep for that. The DMI is a separate day.

Oldnewbie

The email inviting you to the assessment day will have told you what you'll be doing on the day and, if applicable, given you test/assessment examples. What role is it for?

REO Nate

If you are attending the assessment centre for the psychometric tests, they won’t do an MMI or DMI instead that day.

If you have passed the psychometric tests to the required standard, in all likelihood you’ll be sent home and will then do a DMI via video interview. If you pass the DMI you will sit an MMI in Croydon at a later date.

Gorlash1886

If you use the search function and type in mmi questions I promise there will be a ton of pages with them

Venna1

If you use the search function and type in mmi questions I promise there will be a ton of pages with them

Have done buddy, but they’re all very dated posts. Was hoping to get an insight from somebody who has recently experienced them.

REO Nate

Have done buddy, but they’re all very dated posts. Was hoping to get an insight from somebody who has recently experienced them.
They haven’t changed, the information you’ll find is all current.

Knowledgeboy

Hi all, I recently passed my assessments with SWR and this week I had assessment centre booked with GTR. I tried contacting them but no luck.

im wondering what will happen at assessment centre with GTR, can I expect to sit DMI/MMI instead?
I feel I am not prepared enough for DMI/MMI and considering cancelling my booking for assessment day.

Please advice, thank you.
Go to the assessment , gtr are enhanced pass mark. Did you pass to enhanced standard with SWr?. Also gtr do an extra fault finding test. MMI and DMI on separate days!

Nevergiveup

If you are attending the assessment centre for the psychometric tests, they won’t do an MMI or DMI instead that day.

If you have passed the psychometric tests to the required standard, in all likelihood you’ll be sent home and will then do a DMI via video interview. If you pass the DMI you will sit an MMI in Croydon at a later date.
Thanks, I manage to speak to someone over email and was told I’ll only have to do DFFT on the day.

Thank you all for the replies, I manage to speak to someone over the email and was told they don’t do DMI/MMI on same day.
I’ll only have to do DFFT as I’ve passed other tests.

Go to the assessment , gtr are enhanced pass mark. Did you pass to enhanced standard with SWr?. Also gtr do an extra fault finding test. MMI and DMI on separate days!
Are you sure Gtr are enhanced pass mark? One of their HR staff said national.

see email below;

Thank you for your email. Please find below an overview of your previous assessment and what you will need to complete on the day:

Group Bourdon (GB) – PASSED - 10.2.2020
Training for Rules and Procedures Pt 1 (TRP1) – PASSED - 10.2.2020
Training for Rules and Procedures Pt2 (TRP2) – PASSED - 10.2.2020
Tests of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ) – PASSED - 10.2.2020
Driver Fault Finding Test DFFT – Needs to be completed
Vienna Test System (VTS - Computer tests) – FAILED - 10.2.2020 - You will need to resit all 3 elements of this

The parts that you have passed to the National Standard will remain valid with GTR for upto 5 years. 

I hope this helps and look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Last edited:

Marshy

Just want to clarify that GTR is NOT enhanced. Yes, they include the DFFT but that does not mean they are enhanced. I have been told by them as have others that they are national.

Eggs&Bacon

From the OPC website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-011130_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-011130_Samsung Notes.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 202

baz962

Established Member
Just want to clarify that GTR is NOT enhanced. Yes, they include the DFFT but that does not mean they are enhanced. I have been told by them as have others that they are national.
I guess that the confusion might be , is that they used to be enhanced. I did my psychometric tests originally with gtr and some people got sent home after the group bourdon , but before the dfft , because they only passed to standard . This was 2017.

Oldnewbie

GTR is 100% standard. TTD applicants have to do the DFFT in addition to the other range of assessments. Failing the DFFT with GTR doesn't count as losing one of your two lives as the results are for GTR.

However I understand that other TOCs can see the result on the national database and if that (or another) TOC requires applicants to do the DFFT, having failed it could exclude you if the fail is within 6 months.

Nevergiveup

Done DFFT yesterday, awaiting results now. Pretty sure i answered accurately but only managed to complete 6 out of 20 so not sure if that would be enough. Hopefully find out soon

ElisaHarkness

Hope someone can help!

I have my MMI on 2nd February, the prep work I was sent has the SJE prep on it too, I thought I done this on the computer at the assessment day, will I have to do another?

The MMI is based on the questions I was asked at the assessment day is that right?

Thank you ☺️

Nevergiveup

Hope someone can help!

I have my MMI on 2nd February, the prep work I was sent has the SJE prep on it too, I thought I done this on the computer at the assessment day, will I have to do another?

The MMI is based on the questions I was asked at the assessment day is that right?

Thank you ☺️
Yes it should be based on the 6 questions you answered on the assessment day.

Azer85448

Looking at that screen shot it looks like it’s only Southern that’s enhanced and the rest of GTR isn’t ? Is that possible ? Perhaps because Southern trains are driver only operation.

Need2

According to the screenshot, the whole of GTR brands (Thameslink, GN etc) are enhanced.
I don’t know Why GTR and Southern are separate on the list.
All GTR brands are DOO

REO Nate

When I did my psychometrics with Southern they said they were enhanced and someone was sent home for only making national level.

masif1

Sorry for sounding thick, but what is the difference between enhanced and standard?

I have my assessment centre tomorrow after applying in Dec 2020 and passing all the stages.

baz962

Established Member
Sorry for sounding thick, but what is the difference between enhanced and standard?

I have my assessment centre tomorrow after applying in Dec 2020 and passing all the stages.
Basically you need to score higher for enhanced. Standard is the minimum for the industry and some prefer a higher ( enhanced ) score .

El Nino

Hi all anyone recently sat the dmi for gtr at all. Got mine on Friday after a 5 month anxious wait

Biscwit

Hi, I hope your assessment went well. I have mine tomorrow and they say on the information provided that you ’may’ have the structured interview, I took this as if you passed everything prior to this you would. However reading some comments, I am not so sure. I would rather spend my last few hours revising other things instead of working through my questions. Could you shed any light on this please. Your speedy response will be much appreciated, the clock is ticking. My assessment is with GTR in Croydon.

Status
Not open for further replies.