• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12guard4

Didn't have mine with GTR but it included Eye sight including checking if you're colour blind, hearing test, alcohol and drugs screening a questionnaire about your health some movements (touch your toes etc) and an ECG. I imagine this will be very similar if not identical across the board. Really nothing to worry about at all as long as you're fit and healthy and declared anything relevant on your application.

NickR

I had mine with GTR last year and 12guard4 has covered it all exactly.

NickR

I can't imagine you would. They do ask if you smoke but that's pretty standard for any kind of medical questionaire. There was no lung capacity test like, for example, the police.

dazzayid

Had my medical today, was pretty straight forward apart from being told off about my weight.

Jimmy12345

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the drugs screening consists of pre employment, urine only or hair too? Was a student a couple months ago so was smoking weed, not smoked for a month now and its not a big part of my life, happy to give it up for a career in rail. If its only urine I should be able to pass the test, but if they test hair too then id rather wait and appply again a couple months down the line when its more likely to be out of my system as I have no intention of smoking again. This is for a first rail company if that would make the answer more accurate.

dazzayid

No upper weight limit, as long as u can touch toes squat and balance. If I can pass anyone can lol

district

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the drugs screening consists of pre employment, urine only or hair too? Was a student a couple months ago so was smoking weed, not smoked for a month now and its not a big part of my life, happy to give it up for a career in rail. If its only urine I should be able to pass the test, but if they test hair too then id rather wait and appply again a couple months down the line when its more likely to be out of my system as I have no intention of smoking again. This is for a first rail company if that would make the answer more accurate.
Mine was just urine so you should be clear after 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.