• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Recruitment Process Southern Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno85

Hello all.

I am currently in the GTR/1006 recruitment process for all Southern routes. Having applied in January, I passed my assessment day in May and then my DMI mid July.

I am now awaiting a date for my MMI but have had an email informing me that I may have a long wait, but when I get a date for an MMI it will be around 6-8 weeks before a potential course date. It also mentioned that they would have courses running every 4 weeks throughout 2018.

Is there anybody else in a similar position, or been told anything different?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andys495

Hello all.

I am currently in the GTR/1006 recruitment process for all Southern routes. Having applied in January, I passed my assessment day in May and then my DMI mid July.

I am now awaiting a date for my MMI but have had an email informing me that I may have a long wait, but when I get a date for an MMI it will be around 6-8 weeks before a potential course date. It also mentioned that they would have courses running every 4 weeks throughout 2018.

Is there anybody else in a similar position, or been told anything different?

Danno,
I applied in Sept 16, had my MMI in March 17, medical the following month and start training this October. But this isn't consistent as I'm on a course with people that also applied this year. I think a lot of it is being in the right place at the right time and depends on where the places come up. Recruitment is very fluid!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Danno85

Danno,
I applied in Sept 16, had my MMI in March 17, medical the following month and start training this October. But this isn't consistent as I'm on a course with people that also applied this year. I think a lot of it is being in the right place at the right time and depends on where the places come up. Recruitment is very fluid!!

Hi Andy,

Well done on getting all the way through. Where are you actually starting your training?

It does seem a little bit like that from reading a few of the other groups on here but a lot of them seem to be for Great Northern or Thameslink.

andys495

Hi Andy,

Well done on getting all the way through. Where are you actually starting your training?

It does seem a little bit like that from reading a few of the other groups on here but a lot of them seem to be for Great Northern or Thameslink.

Thanks. Training will probably be at Selhurst (at Go Ahead House for induction) and then based at Brighton.
I know what you mean about Southern candidates. There were certainly lots when I had assessments etc but don't seem many on this forum. As you say they seem to be mainly GN and TL.

DM92

I passed my MMI and DMI in March 2016 and am still waiting for course dates :( . This was for thameslink based at brighton.
Is yours for southern rail?

andys495

I passed my MMI and DMI in March 2016 and am still waiting for course dates :( . This was for thameslink based at brighton.

Is yours for southern rail?

Yes that's with Southern. From the little knowledge I have, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that TL are based getting based at Three Bridges nowadays rather than Brighton.

tallbloke

Hiya. Also on 1006 with southern. Had assessment in mar17. Dmi June. Mmi start august. Advised medical only organised within 3 mths of course offer. When I chased told likely to be feb18 at earliest. Postcode has me for selhurst or Norwood I was advised.

So hard to remain patient and this is only the start of the hard work :). So sounds similar timescales to you.

Anyone else starting a course after October? Wonder if take a break over xmas period?

Danno85

Hi mate.

So have you actually got an MMI date, or are they just starting them in August for our recruitment process? I would imagine I am the same as you in that case, I live about 15 minutes away from those depots.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm checking my emails every few hours to see if there are any updates, I just want to get on with it.

tallbloke

Had it at very start of august. Have been told successful thankfully. The wait after that is horrible, say you will get an email within an hour if NOT successful......but checking your email for days!!

Danno85

Excelllent stuff, well done on passing that. Hopefully I'll get a booking for it soon. Did they give you a choice of dates or did they just give you a date?

andys495

This year courses seem to be every two months for Southern. I missed out on the August one then got the October course. I was told there is also one in December, then it's into 2018.

HappyTrain

Hi all.

I'm also in the same recruitment process (GTR/1006) but a way behind you all as I'm preparing for the assessment centre.

Would anyone mind sharing what tests you were required to do at the assessment centre? I have read various posts about GTR assessment centres but all are for other recruitment drives so it's hard to get a true picture :roll: (some have the computer tests on the same day as the paper tests for example).

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to share their experience. Thank you.

HelloHi

I'm also in the process my assessment day was months ago , I've got my dmi end of September, seems there is alot of waiting but as long as I get my chance then I don't mind if training is next year,
I am curious though can someone from southern answer some questions for me about training and other job related things?

Sent from my ALBA 5 using Tapatalk

tallbloke

Hi all. Anyone had anything happen? Really keen to hear if people signing up for December start training? (Is there any then?)

Danno85

Hi. I am still waiting for my MMI, haven't heard anything so just trying remain patient.

james123

Had DMI and MMI in July and medical at start of Sept (all fine) and not heard anything yet. There was mention of me working from Welwyn and a course start of Nov or Jan.

andys495

I'm on the October course. I only know of one other person on it with me but no others. I assume there should be another 6 somewhere. Either they exist but are not on this forum or they've yet to fill the course. I haven't heard of anybody on a December course yet.

Danno85

Well, I haven't had to wait quite as long as I thought. MMI is booked in for October, if I can get passed that it's just the medical I believe.

Neilr

Hi Danno85,

I am also on the GTR/1006 recruitment process, Well done on passing the assessment and DMI. I passed my assessment in June, just booked my DMI for October. Could you enlighten me as to what is involved in the DMI? Is it similar to the MMI? Many thanks

dazzayid

i have been unofficially told im on the december course, was offered october but cannot do it as im off for the month on holiday. still waiting for it in writing tho.

andys495

Congratulations dazzayid! Got there in the end then? I think you’ve been waiting longer than me? [emoji106][emoji846]

dazzayid

I passed my medical on 26th March lol so yeah been a while. But I was offered April and August course but could not do them due to cover at work and holiday so not really anyone’s fault. Just hope I am deffo on December course and can not wait to get started.

andys495

I passed my medical on 26th March lol so yeah been a while. But I was offered April and August course but could not do them due to cover at work and holiday so not really anyone’s fault. Just hope I am deffo on December course and can not wait to get started.

When did you first apply then? Is the offer for Brighton depot?

dazzayid

Think it would as november last year, I had already passed the assessment 2 years before so only had interviews to do.

Yes I will be based at Brighton

dazzayid

Just been told December course is for metro only so got to wait even longer

Andy what date does your course start in October

Danno85

Hi all.

I have been told that I've passed my MMI and that I will be waiting for new course dates to come out after February. Is anybody else getting similar information?

I just have the medical to complete now which they said would be around 6 weeks before a course start date.

Does anybody know if they contact your current employers in the meantime regarding references and attendance records etc....?

king_walnut

Yeah I'm in the same boat waiting for a course post Feb 2018 (passed my MMI in May!)

They're probably not going to move on gathering your references until they have a firm date they want you to start on. I'm assuming you're waiting for Brighton?

andys495

Once you’ve had your medical and you’ve been sent your contract with a start date they will ask for your reference and referee contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.