• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Recruitment Process Southern Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno85

I live close to the Selhurst depot so I believe I am going to be sent there, but we will see what happens with that.

That is a long time to have been waiting, have they contacted you recently?

Ah I see, I wasn't really sure when they would send out contract details but you've answered it for me, thanks Andys495.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rob12

I passed my medical on 26th March lol so yeah been a while. But I was offered April and August course but could not do them due to cover at work and holiday so not really anyone’s fault. Just hope I am deffo on December course and can not wait to get started.
I passed my medical on 26th March lol so yeah been a while. But I was offered April and August course but could not do them due to cover at work and holiday so not really anyone’s fault. Just hope I am deffo on December course and can not wait to get started.
April, August, and now October, don't hold your breath on getting there anytime soon after turning 3 start dates down, never heard of metro courses only? Costal and metro do it all together.

Jak007

I am on the same boat gtr/1006. I got an email mentioning there is no course available before Feb 2018. Once there will be a course date confirmed, they will be giving 6 weeks notice. I applied for coastal area Brighton/Eastbourne Depo.

Hello all.

I am currently in the GTR/1006 recruitment process for all Southern routes. Having applied in January, I passed my assessment day in May and then my DMI mid July.

I am now awaiting a date for my MMI but have had an email informing me that I may have a long wait, but when I get a date for an MMI it will be around 6-8 weeks before a potential course date. It also mentioned that they would have courses running every 4 weeks throughout 2018.

Is there anybody else in a similar position, or been told anything different?

dazzayid

April, August, and now October, don't hold your breath on getting there anytime soon after turning 3 start dates down, never heard of metro courses only? Costal and metro do it all together.

I never turned them down they told me I cannot do them because of reasons I have given. I have also been told I am guaranteed to be on next coast way course. There are currently 8 people at Eastbourne waiting for a course.

Danno85

Hi.

From what I gather they are in the process of making arrangements for a course starting in February, based from Victoria.

Jak007

That’s good to know Danno85. I live in Eastbourne so I would assume they will consider me for both Eastbourne and Brighton courses. I passed my assessment & DMI on March and MMI on Aug 2017.

king_walnut

I applied for it back in September of last year, passed Assessment in January, DMI in April and the MMI in May, still waiting for a Brighton start date. I really hope I'm not waiting for too long past February.

BTW, you can't 'start' at Eastbourne. You have to be a driver at Brighton first and then you can transfer after 3 years.

Jak007

Thank you King & andys. I am a external candidate so if I get any update I will post here. Probably, once they got certain number of candidate in Brighton area they will confirm a course date. Anyway this might be anytime Feb onwards.

andys495

Courses tend to be made up of half metro and half coastal. Then there tends to be one or two for each depot. For example on our course I’m a Brighton driver with one other. Two more are Barnham and the rest Metro. There were a few Brighton trainees ahead of us and I’m aware of quite a few waiting. So spaces will be tight. I didn’t get on three previous courses prior to making the October course. Good luck all.

Jak007

Thank you Andys495. Hope you all had good Xmas and happy new year.

Could someone let me know what all the document I have to submit prior to getting offer letter/course start please. I believe, Right live and work which was provided prior to assessment, reference they will take, then What else? those Who started the course recently can help me please.

Danno85

Hi Jak007.

Prior to official contract offer all I had to provide was two forms of ID. Passport and P45 was sufficient.

References are requested when the contract is sent out.

Hope this helps.

Jak007

Thanks Danno85, really helpful to know. Hope your course is going well and busy with all learnings.

Jak007

Hi all, I have just noticed trainee train driver advt. on GTR web for Orpington Depo. It seems to be there is no planned course start date for Brighton Depo. If I am willing to relocate whether GTR consider me for Orpington Depo? I was basically moved from that area. Do you think it's worth contacting HR Dept. As they have heavy workload I don't want disturb. I heard they don't encourage relocation for trainee driver. Any advice from your knowledge would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jz2307

I’ve had my mmi and passed but due to how it was done I’ve still got my dmi to do. So does that mean I’ve passed the assessment stage and don’t have to worry about the second fail?

I previously failed my mmi but passed it second attempt. Got dmi in next few weeks.

Any help is appreciated

GMT

I’ve had my mmi and passed but due to how it was done I’ve still got my dmi to do. So does that mean I’ve passed the assessment stage and don’t have to worry about the second fail?

I previously failed my mmi but passed it second attempt. Got dmi in next few weeks.

Any help is appreciated
As far as I know, yes, you don't have to worry anymore about assessments. The failure of DMIs is not restricted to two lives, but bear in mind that the validity of the passed assessments is usually five years. With Thameslink and other few TOCs is three years though. Southern may be five years.

Good luck for the DMI and try your best to pass it.

Jz2307

Thanks for that. Have you got any help for the dmi? Can anyone shed any light on what questions may be asked?

Danno85

When I did my DMI the first thing I they asked was what I knew about the company.

So do your research. I bored them for around five minutes with facts such as when the company was formed, what other companies were in the franchise, the amount of services they run, who the CEO is etc...

They want to see people who will put in the effort and research.

GMT

Thanks for that. Have you got any help for the dmi? Can anyone shed any light on what questions may be asked?
Danno85 is obviously right. That was the 1st question they asked me, what do you know about TL (Govia). After a few minutes I started talking they had to stop me, but I conveyed to them that I knew a lot and I was genuinely interested in the topic. I passed that interview but I failed the MMI, still waiting for a second chance, possibly forever given what's happening at Govia. Anyway, have you had a look at the thread 'Becoming a train driver'? Post 1323 has got all the possible questions that they may ask you. All in here, in this forum, just a matter of spending some time doing a bit of a forensic investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.