• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR sister companies /southeastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonbarber

Does anyone know if you work for GTR, which TOCS do you get free travel on? The reason ask this is it says if you had a job with southeastern the package includes
  • Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services
But GTR jobs doesn’t indicate you get southeastern included as part of the free travel. It’s says sister companies ie. Southern/Thameslink/Gatwick/great northern.
Does anyone work for GTR or southeastern that could clarify this?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Does anyone know if you work for GTR, which TOCS do you get free travel on? The reason ask this is it says if you had a job with southeastern the package includes
  • Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services
But GTR jobs doesn’t indicate you get southeastern included as part of the free travel. It’s says sister companies ie. Southern/Thameslink/Gatwick/great northern.
Does anyone work for GTR or southeastern that could clarify this?
Thanks

Unless things have changed the GTR/Southeastern arrangement is reciprocal.

GN Boy

Definitely free. I believe a few TL depots have SE PASS services built into their diagrams.

Demonbarber

Definitely free. I believe a few TL depots have SE PASS services built into their diagrams.
Thanks for your reply’s. Is that any service on southeastern included like high speed and standard services ?

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
They used to be part of the same owning group (Go-Ahead) for many years until Southeastern got taken into OLR and there's a lot of overlap between the two. I don't think things have changed and it would severly impact a lot of staff!

Difference between duty travel and other travel of course though.

ComUtoR

Established Member
They aren't Sister companies. More like ex Partners that still have benefits but aren't sure when that's gonna stop.

joshuan542

I'm unsure on the advice the above have been given or if any of you work for GTR, but I can confirm travel services with Southeastern finished when they were stripped of the franchise during the fraud investigation around a year ago.

Only free travel is included on the Go ahead group services i.e TL, GX, SN, GN and bus services etc..

Demonbarber

I'm unsure on the advice the above have been given or if any of you work for GTR, but I can confirm travel services with Southeastern finished when they were stripped of the franchise during the fraud investigation around a year ago.

Only free travel is included on the Go ahead group services i.e TL, GX, SN, GN and bus services etc..
The strange this is, on the southeastern website, if you apply for a job it says the benefits are free residential and leisure travel on southeastern and GTR rail services. So do you think if would apply the same other way around?

Class2ldn

Sorry but I'm a GTR employee and you can travel on southeastern so I'm not sure how you can confirm it when its wrong lol

GN Boy

Interesting. Within the past year I’ve used my GTR staff pass for leisure trips on SE from time to time and have never had a problem with the barriers or with staff checking tickets.

Demonbarber

Sorry but I'm a GTR employee and you can travel on southeastern so I'm not sure how you can confirm it when its wrong lol
So as an employee for GTR, you can use southeastern for free to work and back (residential travel) ?
Thanks

Class2ldn

Yes, I mean I dont as I'm not over that way but a lot of people said when gtr lost the franchise the agreement for travel had been retracted, it hasn't and I've not seen anything official to the contrary.

Demonbarber

Yes, I mean I dont as I'm not over that way but a lot of people said when gtr lost the franchise the agreement for travel had been retracted, it hasn't and I've not seen anything official to the contrary.
Thanks for confirming that. That’s why I was confused to whether you can or can’t. There isn’t anything clear so I thought the best person to ask is someone that actually works for them.

joshuan542

UPDATE: ignore my previous post I’ve chased this up and can confirm we still do get the southeastern and high speed free travel arrangements :D

joshuan542

Interesting. Within the past year I’ve used my GTR staff pass for leisure trips on SE from time to time and have never had a problem with the barriers or with staff checking tickets.
Yeah I chased this up about 30 mins ago, can confirm i was wrong and we do still get the benefits! lovely stuff :D:D:D

Chased up and confirmed I was actually wrongly informed and we still get it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.