• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Southern [now confirmed a Thameslink role, not Southern]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT82

Well did anyone else get the generic email?
Good news you have passed your medical. We will contact you when there are course dates available.
Surely resourcing knows when courses are????

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Economist

Cansomeone please advise me as to who is overseeing recruitment for Three Bridges, I'm aware it was originally some folks from a Southern however that appears to have changed with the office move.

Garth1971

Economist - I had my assessment in Oct (still awaiting interviews) and there was a mixture of us for all different depots. As far as I am aware the HR team is all mixed together now under GTR HR.

Economist

Thanks Garth, I'm in pretty much the same position as yourself, though I passed my assessments with a different TOC hence I appear to have fallen through the system. I called their switchboard on Tuesday and was provided with the [email protected] email address. I received an auto-reply with the details of the various recruitment managers. Emailed the two people from train crew recruitment and received an out of office auto-reply indicating a return date of early October.

I'll give their switchboard another call tomorrow and explain my predicament.

Last edited:

Thanks Garth, I called their switchboard on Tuesday and was provided with the [email protected] email address. I received an auto-reply with the details of the various recruitment managers. Emailed the two people from train crew recruitment and received an out of office auto-reply indicating a return date of early October.

I'll give their switchboard another call tomorrow and explain my predicament.

What is your predicament? If you don't mind me asking!

Economist

Basically, I got through the sift and was invited to an assessment. Having passed an assessment elsewhere I informed one of their recruitment managers of this and they said I should be fine to skip the assessment with GTR. That's the last I heard from them and by all accounts the recruitment manager I emailed is out of office for the long-term, plus their recruitment office has moved I think.

Edit: I've replied to Garth via pm.

Last edited:

Economist

I've found out a bit more about what is going on with the recruitment for Three Bridges.

Basically, the Southern recruitment team who started the process are no longer involved. The recruitment has been split across three locations in London with a significant amount going through Go-Ahead House in Croydon. If you manage to get through to them, you may be able to gain an idea of where your application is in the process.

That said, why a company would change the recruitment teams around in the middle of such a large recruitment process is beyond me.

RedZed

That said, why a company would change the recruitment teams around in the middle of such a large recruitment process is beyond me.

GTR knew three months before Claire (who was excellent) left and then appoint another HR bod Lyndsey? from a different company (Southern) (knowing that she was going on maternity leave soon) who then promptly goes off sick.

It's no wonder you can't get anyone in HR. I don't think anyone actually knows who is now running recruitment.

Dottypea

A few of us have heard today that we have a start date for 11th Jan for Three Bridges. Hopefully everyone will start hearing soon.

BigT82

A few of us have heard today that we have a start date for 11th Jan for Three Bridges. Hopefully everyone will start hearing soon.

Got my start date yesterday! I'm in from 15/01/16. Bit odd that it's a Friday. But maybe that's because I'm internal...

Status
Not open for further replies.