• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR St Albans drivers?

Termak

At EMR you will be a depot driver at either Nottingham or Derby. Kettering will be mainline and so would st pancras. Nights for mainline are four every two to three months and you can swap them out. Not too sure about the Kettering roster but st pancras have around 16 Sundays and after block leave you will be doing a few less and you can book off ad hoc. I do probably between 5 and 10 a year. Also the nights aren't passenger work so just fuel or prep . All RDW is time and a half.
Cool, I’m thinking if I accept depot driver at Derby, course starting June, I could be mainline driver in 2 years time. I’ve heard it’s nolonger a long wait to move from depot to mainline as some have recently done it in less than a year of depot driving. Better than waiting for GTR or WMR which I still do not have an idea of how long I will be waiting in the talent pool.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Cool, I’m thinking if I accept depot driver at Derby, course starting June, I could be mainline driver in 2 years time. I’ve heard it’s nolonger a long wait to move from depot to mainline as some have recently done it in less than a year of depot driving. Better than waiting for GTR or WMR which I still do not have an idea of how long I will be waiting in the talent pool.
Is probably the right answer. Yes you might do two years but you will have your key.