• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Drivers Hornsey/ Cricklewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESONEULB

There were nine of us. No one got kicked out because they had so many tests to check. What they did was, let everyone do all the tests and then they were going to get back to each of us individually.

Ok that's different from us we were told at each break and those who didn't get through had to leave

Which depo you in for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

id9999

Ok that's different from us we were told at each break and those who didn't get through had to leave

Which depo you in for?

Oh right....i applied for honsey with GTR but some how now says said paddington, oxford east region but with GWR! So... im not too sure lol

KelBoMan

Oh right....i applied for honsey with GTR but some how now says said paddington, oxford east region but with GWR! So... im not too sure lol
Well done on the tests. So you applied for GTR at Honsey, so how now is it with GWR? I’m confused. We’re your tests not with a specific TOC ie GTR if that’s who you applied to? Mine was at Go Ahead House with GTR. Sorry for the Qs, I’m just trying to make sense of it all. Feels like I’ve been waiting ages for the medical with GTR and still no news. I had taken some comfort from this chat thinking GTR we’re still putting some through assessments meaning they were still recruiting (and just pausing with it all once candidates were at the medical point; paused because of the upheaval etc in the TOC). I wonder then if I missed a recruiting notice for GWR!

id9999

Well done on the tests. So you applied for GTR at Honsey, so how now is it with GWR? I’m confused. We’re your tests not with a specific TOC ie GTR if that’s who you applied to? Mine was at Go Ahead House with GTR. Sorry for the Qs, I’m just trying to make sense of it all. Feels like I’ve been waiting ages for the medical with GTR and still no news. I had taken some comfort from this chat thinking GTR we’re still putting some through assessments meaning they were still recruiting (and just pausing with it all once candidates were at the medical point; paused because of the upheaval etc in the TOC). I wonder then if I missed a recruiting notice for GWR!

I did some digging and turns out I applied for both around the same time. I did not get past the screening with GTR but GWR just took forever to get back to me lol so I just lost track of the applications.

Feesh

Hi guys,

found this thread whilst looking for information about the assessment day. I have mine coming up soon.

Anybody have any handy hints or suggestions?

ESONEULB

Hi guys,

found this thread whilst looking for information about the assessment day. I have mine coming up soon.

Anybody have any handy hints or suggestions?

Practice practice practice.. is massive.

Group Bourdon test which you can download from the top pinned threads at the top of this section of the forum is really helpful..

Then just relax when you are there

Which depo you in for ?

Feesh

Orpington.

My 3rd attempt, and have got this far, wish I had found this forum earlier, confirmed what I learned in the trial and error of my previous 2 applications.

ESONEULB

Orpington.

My 3rd attempt, and have got this far, wish I had found this forum earlier, confirmed what I learned in the trial and error of my previous 2 applications.

Yes this forum has all the answers you need and is very useful.

What stages did you fall at in your other two attempts?
It may help me and others guide you etc

Feesh

1st go, was very early on
The 2nd attempt, situational based questions, and what is more / less important

JRR

Anybody heard anything about a medical yet? Guessing it has to be this month if start dates were to be October?

ESONEULB

Anybody heard anything about a medical yet? Guessing it has to be this month if start dates were to be October?

No new training courses until the New Year we should sometime recieve an email confirming this.

It's a waiting game :(

JRR

No new training courses until the New Year we should sometime recieve an email confirming this.

It's a waiting game :(

Ah thanks. Feels like I’ve waited forever, but I’m okay waiting longer,

but I’ll be happier with an email and knowing I can then book some holidays, so hopefully this comes soon.

Knowledgeboy

Spoke to recruitment today to get an update on medical and course dates. I had my line manager interview back in March so eager for some news. Young lady said what I had been expecting in that there were no new course dates until next year. Just have to sit tight now and put the dream on hold for a few months at least!

ESONEULB

Spoke to recruitment today to get an update on medical and course dates. I had my line manager interview back in March so eager for some news. Young lady said what I had been expecting in that there were no new course dates until next year. Just have to sit tight now and put the dream on hold for a few months at least!

Yes it took me a week or so to get my head round the long long wait.

I keep telling myself that lots of people would give there right arm to be where we are. Our hard work etc will be rewarded before we know it.

KRO

KelBoMan

Also as well, I asked HR how many places usually on a course. She said 4 - 8 depends which depot. So there’s no guarantee you’re on the next course - all depends what number you are on the list :(

ESONEULB

Also as well, I asked HR how many places usually on a course. She said 4 - 8 depends which depot. So there’s no guarantee you’re on the next course - all depends what number you are on the list :(

Yes I had a similar conversation.

There are 16 in the talent pool for Hornsey and Cricklewood at present.
Depending on what they need for the next course will decide whether some get on it or not.
The courses have 8 people
They may take 8 all for Hornsey so Cricklewood talent pool with have to wait for the next course or vise versa with Cricklewood getting all the spots and Hornsey talent pool having to wait for the next course.
They could also take 4 from Hornsey and 4 from Cricklewood which would leave everyone out of the top 4 in there tallent pool for each depo having to wait.
It's a bit of pot luck.
I do know what position I am in my talent pool so for me it is certainly going to be pot luck.

Feesh

Practice practice practice.. is massive.

Group Bourdon test which you can download from the top pinned threads at the top of this section of the forum is really helpful..

Then just relax when you are there

Which depo you in for ?

and Practice practice practice i did.

Passed the 1st day. Sooooo happy, from a group of 10, only 5 made the grade.

Now to wait for DMI & MMI. Any further advice for these aspects?

ESONEULB

DMI will be next. It's very relaxed

If you search on this forum you will find examples of the questions are hear.

Make sure you know a about Govia , rail Plan 20/20 and crossrail. Also research the canal tunnels, now that's a big help. Someone explained the canal tunnels to me and it was a big help.

If you have any questions that you just can't find message me.

:smile:

Feesh

Thank you very much. Which part of the assessment is the hardest? All the tests or the interviews?

ESONEULB

Tests because they are a unknown.

The DMI is really relaxed.. I enjoyed it, but also I was really prepared.

MMI was the questions you answered at the end of your assessment. Plus the massive questionere you will get sent.

Good Luck

You are more prepared than most because you have found and use this forum

wizzyfirefly

Hi probably coming in a bit late

I've just been sent the mini SCAAT test today... I've practiced the dots and full SCAAT via the program linked to this online forum
Is there any similarity please?...

Cheers JONNY

dth

Has anyone had any type of update? I think I may give them another call.

Rachael92

Anyone else just get an email saying that there won't be any courses until March 2019?

Komma

Got the same email,not surprised about it.I have 2 friends on different courses at the moment at GTR and this ties in with what they have been telling me.

Knowledgeboy

Glad to get an update from govia, let’s just hope that the ship has been steadied now and nothing changes between now and March.

Status
Not open for further replies.