• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver- Brighton (03/05/2024)

Firestarter

Closing Date 12 May 2024

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

REO Nate

Good luck to those who choose to give it a crack. I’d imagine this will close quickly.

Dean88

Anyone know if GTR would likely make you retake psychometrics if you have already recently passed them with another company?

REO Nate

Anyone know if GTR would likely make you retake psychometrics if you have already recently passed them with another company?

GTR accept psychometrics from elsewhere if passed to enhanced level.

However they require you to have also passed the additional Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT) test. If you haven’t done that, then that would be the only element you would need to complete.

Dean88

GTR accept psychometrics from elsewhere if passed to enhanced level.

However they require you to have also passed the additional Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT) test. If you haven’t done that, then that would be the only element you would need to complete.
That's great thank you

newuser

For the very first set of questions, are they looking for key words?

Tell me about a task or tasks you have worked on that demonstrate your interest and motivation for this role. Please include details of your strengths that have been demonstrated along with examples

REO Nate

For the very first set of questions, are they looking for key words?

Tell me about a task or tasks you have worked on that demonstrate your interest and motivation for this role. Please include details of your strengths that have been demonstrated along with examples

Personally, I’d always refer to the job description and base my answers around that document.

DonkeyKonk

I have applied for this role, I currently work as a tube driver with TFL, but may be 'semi retiring' and moving to the south coast (within an hour of Brighton) so have applied for Brighton Trainee Train Driver....(Will see how it goes)...

I have a few queries if anyone can help...

1. Does Southern offer Part -Time or "Job Share" Train Driver jobs like TFL does ?

I am thinking that (once qualified) I may want to go part time or reduced hours if possible... I have been googling around but can't find a definite answer anywhere...I am presuming this means it's Full Time only...)

2. If you regularly travel to your Depot on Southern Trains, and there are serious train delays (say 1 hour +), do they consider you to be late, and mark you down for this (and expect you to quickly find another way to get in on time) or do they accept that you have tried to get to work on time but that the service let you down ?...

(I would presume this happens quite a bit, so I would think the company would be lenient so long as you had allowed yourself good time to get to work).

3. Does anybody have a copy of the Roster for Brighton Depot ?

Merci Beaucoup

Class2ldn

You'll have virtually zero chance of going part time or job share until you've done a good few years qualified.
In terms of delays if the train your on is delayed then it is what it is and as long as you've given it reasonable time to get in then not much they can say.
It will be a fair old pay drop from what you're on now while training
Hope you've factored that in as well.
Good luck

DonkeyKonk

You'll have virtually zero chance of going part time or job share until you've done a good few years qualified.
In terms of delays if the train your on is delayed then it is what it is and as long as you've given it reasonable time to get in then not much they can say.
It will be a fair old pay drop from what you're on now while training
Hope you've factored that in as well.
Good luck

Thank you for the reply,

Definitely helps me to consider things.

Class2ldn

Its a possibility in the future but anyone coming in trying to get part time hours from the off won't go down well and if you said that interview I don't think you'll get far tbh.
I'd probably stay where you are if I'm honest but good luck whatever you choose.

DonkeyKonk

Its a possibility in the future but anyone coming in trying to get part time hours from the off won't go down well and if you said that interview I don't think you'll get far tbh.
I'd probably stay where you are if I'm honest but good luck whatever you choose.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.