• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

LCC106

Established Member
You can often negotiate an earlier finish with your employer if you feel you can discuss the matter with them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ItchyRsole

Wasn't put to me mate so just presume I'm in the pool like others for a later course whenever that may be.

REO Nate

Had the email from Trudy to say the monthly meeting took place and no more courses have been pencilled in at the present time. Another update in January.

Wfc365

No. I was told about this course at my DMI but when I said I had to give 3months notice to my current employer they did say you probably won't make it onto this course due to the time constraints.

I wonder when the next one is.
Which TOC you waiting on?

CrookStar_95

I sat assessment centre in October . Passed . Sat DMI beginning of November . Failed . However on the DMI was told that if I passed DMI and MMI that I would likely be on a course starting January in Hornsey for 14 weeks. That was for Northern. Maybe assessment scores along with everything else can push people up and down the list ‍♀️
It seems that GN at Hornsey have more spaces on courses for people who have passed all stages. I too have been waiting since July after passing my MMI to be placed on a course with Southern. I asked if I could be placed with GN instead because i Live closer, however was told I would need to do a DMI with GN on the next available interviews. This wait for Southern is a killer

Had the email from Trudy to say the monthly meeting took place and no more courses have been pencilled in at the present time. Another update in January.
Hi, when did you pass your MMI? I too received the same email from Trudy. I passed my MMI in July 2021. Think we are both waiting for a southern course.

REO Nate

Hi, when did you pass your MMI? I too received the same email from Trudy. I passed my MMI in July 2021. Think we are both waiting for a southern course
October, so not as long as you. I think someone else on this thread said they have been waiting since May.

I’m in the pool for Brighton. Not sure if they are doing mixed depot courses at the moment?

Azer85448

I’ve been waiting for a Southern course since my MMI in Sept. I applied for Brighton in Feb 2019. The whole process has been brutally slow. The saying “So close, yet so far” has never held so much meaning

Class2ldn

Surprised they are still taking on for brighton seeing as keeps coming up about them downsizing the depot and moving people to three bridges.
Talk of a reduction in work next year and its bringing up questions about what to do with drivers currently.
Our pay talks have just been thrown out so no payrise happening at all now.

Driver_wife

It seems that GN at Hornsey have more spaces on courses for people who have passed all stages. I too have been waiting since July after passing my MMI to be placed on a course with Southern. I asked if I could be placed with GN instead because i Live closer, however was told I would need to do a DMI with GN on the next available interviews. This wait for Southern is a killer

Hi, when did you pass your MMI? I too received the same email from Trudy. I passed my MMI in July 2021. Think we are both waiting for a southern course.
I also passed my MMI in July and waiting for a southern course Barnham depot. They do mix the courses - usually 50% coastal 50% metro as told to me by Madi before she left. So you will typically get 2-4 Barnham/Brighton on there (as they may do all Barnham or all Brighton or mix the two depending on what is needed) and then 4 from selhurst/vic etc I’m currently waiting for Barnham.. Hopefully see you on a course in March!! I am hopeful it will be next year at least (or shall I say it will be next year at least I hope haha)

swof

Does anyone have a contact number for GTR I have been invited to the assessment centre but they haven't told me what assessments I have to do as I have passed most of them at the opc.
Hiya mate, was wondering if you did have to sit the tests again, as im in the same situation now, I have passed some with GTR but im going to OPC monday for potentially all the exams
Im preparing for them all but id rather not waste time on exams im not going to sit and concentrate on the ones i am

ElisaHarkness

Help!
My congratulations email said the next step was Driver Manager Interview at a local depot but I’ve just confirmed a ‘line managers interview’ via Microsoft Teams for Thursday, what’s the difference or is it just an alternative name :lol:

REO Nate

Help!
My congratulations email said the next step was Driver Manager Interview at a local depot but I’ve just confirmed a ‘line managers interview’ via Microsoft Teams for Thursday, what’s the difference or is it just an alternative name :lol:

Just an alternative name lol :E

Luckyflames

Help!
Congrats. You’ll be on a course in no time.

Twotwo

Take a wild guess!!

You sound bitter. Maybe other people scored higher in their applications hence why they progressed to the next stage perhaps? I'm currently on a course and there is a 50:50 gender split however the courses after me one group has 2 women and the group after has no women. So it's nothing to do with you being a 'white heterosexual male' as you've moaned about in your previous post.

Azer85448

You sound bitter. Maybe other people scored higher in their applications hence why they progressed to the next stage perhaps? I'm currently on a course and there is a 50:50 gender split however the courses after me one group has 2 women and the group after has no women. So it's nothing to do with you being a 'white heterosexual male' as you've moaned about in your previous post.
Is that a known thing ? That higher scores on testing, place you as higher priority in talent pools ? I’d hoped you’d be selected in order of length of time waiting in the pool.

how are you finding the training ? Is it with GTR ?

Driver_wife

When did you apply?

What’s the timeframe like between each process? :)
I applied in December 2020- my assessment was March/April - my dmi June, my MMI was July and been in the pool since - I am waiting for a coastal depot which definitely seems to take a bit longer.. I’m now high up in the pool so been told should definitely be on a 2022 course, but who knows.. it will happen when it happens I’m just trying to keep up the momentum with my business until I get the call! Good luck I hope it’s nice and quickly for you..!

It took my husband 3 years from application to driver with southern so if I manage it in less then I guess I’ve done well!

Quin79

I applied in December 2020- my assessment was March/April - my dmi June, my MMI was July and been in the pool since - I am waiting for a coastal depot which definitely seems to take a bit longer.. I’m now high up in the pool so been told should definitely be on a 2022 course, but who knows.. it will happen when it happens I’m just trying to keep up the momentum with my business until I get the call! Good luck I hope it’s nice and quickly for you..!

It took my husband 3 years from application to driver with southern so if I manage it in less then I guess
Keep options open

ElisaHarkness

It took my husband 3 years from application to driver with southern so if I manage it in less then I guess I’ve done well!
Ahhh good luck! :)
I have my DMI via teams tomorrow morning & it’s safe to say I’m bricking it :lol:

Cryptotic

Afternoon all :)

I recently passed my MMI and have a medical coming up soon, was just wondering if anyone who has been through the process, knows how long the results take to come out?

REO Nate

Afternoon all :)

I recently passed my MMI and have a medical coming up soon, was just wondering if anyone who has been through the process, knows how long the results take to come out?

Apart form the drug screen, you should know about the rest on the day. A drug screen usually takes a few days.

As a matter of interest, which depot are you going to be based at?