• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Nishhh

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where exactly the depot for Hornsey is?

Have my medical for GTR on 31st and have been informed by Trudy that the next course begins on 6th March.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Luckyflames

Hey everyone,

Have my medical for GTR on 31st and have been informed by Trudy that the next course begins on 6th March.
Congratulations.

I look forward to my ….. Sorry no courses available email In due course.

Sly Sloth

It’s very unlikely but it has happened before when BTN have been stacked out with trainees, or at least that’s what I was told.
You’re right it has happened but only a handful in the 20odd years I’ve been around. It’s a transfer depot fed by Brighton historical but not it’s metro that are moving down due to cheaper housing option.
Brighton and Barnham seem to have had loads of trainees recently

Congratulations.

I look forward to my ….. Sorry no courses available email In due course.
I’d ask if you could be considered for TL as well as SN. they’ll probably say no but it shows willing

Lilla

Hey everyone,

Congratulations I hope your medical goes well! Which depot did you apply to and did they contact you today ?

Nishhh

Super jealous that you got through so quickly :lol: I hope it works out for you
What depot did you apply for? they have an immediate need for drivers at Hornsey, that’s what the manager in the DMI stated.

Best of luck I hope it happens quickly for you!!!

Lilla

What depot did you apply for? they have an immediate need for drivers at Hornsey, that’s what the manager in the DMI stated.

Best of luck I hope it happens quickly for you!!!
Well I have applied for both but had an interview for Cricklewood. I was told February/March by the hiring manager but I guess not

Nishhh

Well I have applied for both but had an interview for Cricklewood. I was told February/March by the hiring manager but I guess not
Sorry just realised you mentioned interview. Have you had a response as to whether you have the position?

Lilla

Sorry just realised you mentioned interview. Have you had a response as to whether you have the position?
Yes in December a couple of days after my interview. I am in a talent pool but haven’t had one of the updates yet that are apparently sent out every so often

Lilla

Did they ask you what your preferred depot was?
No, they didn’t, because the interview was specifically for Thameslink. I think if I wanted Hornsey as well then I would have to have an interview with Southern. I think, although I am not sure if that is how it works

Nishhh

No, they didn’t, because the interview was specifically for Thameslink. I think if I wanted Hornsey as well then I would have to have an interview with Southern. I think, although I am not sure if that is how it works
Yeah I’m not sure myself to be honest. Which depot do you live closest to?

Just tryna explore all avenues lol

NSE

Established Member
It’s very unlikely but it has happened before when BTN have been stacked out with trainees, or at least that’s what I was told.
It might have happened a handful of times in rare circumstances, but it’s incredibly unlikely to happen. Nor is it planned too.

DM92

I passed mmi and dmi in December 2016 and was put into talent pool with Thameslink. I contacted for updates every couple months for 4 years and was told waiting for course dates. I never had any luck

KJCross1983

I passed mmi and dmi in December 2016 and was put into talent pool with Thameslink. I contacted for updates every couple months for 4 years and was told waiting for course dates. I never had any luck

You will out of date now and will have to re-do everything.