• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ant154cd

Morning all, how's everyone getting on in the process, anyone got any dates coming up?

Last edited:

Mabs

Morning all, how's everyone getting on in the process, anyone got any dates coming up?
I'm waiting for an interview date.

I'm going to Turkey today for 9 days so if GTR try to call me, Won't be able to get through to me. Hopefully i receive an email.

Robcuk

I'm waiting for an interview date.

I'm going to Turkey today for 9 days so if GTR try to call me, Won't be able to get through to me. Hopefully i receive an email.
Surely if you're waiting for an interview you'll be leaving your phone on or have I misread your note?

Mabs

Surely if you're waiting for an interview you'll be leaving your phone on or have I misread your note?
It will be on aeroplane mode and il use free WiFi. Otherwise its £7 a day to use data.

REO Nate

Isn't Brighton short of drivers? Used to be a wait to get in there but when I was there quite a few moved to TB. Are you available for Southern as well as GTR?

I believe so, yes.

My pass is with SN at Brighton, but I have said I am happy to cross to TL if that assists them, or me, with getting a course.

Robcuk

I believe so, yes.

My pass is with SN at Brighton, but I have said I am happy to cross to TL if that assists them, or me, with getting a cours

I believe so, yes.

My pass is with SN at Brighton, but I have said I am happy to cross to TL if that assists them, or me, with getting a course.
Do you know who the contact is within HR? Trudy was the contact back when I started although I didn't find her especially helpful - give her a call though....you never know

REO Nate

Do you know who the contact is within HR? Trudy was the contact back when I started although I didn't find her especially helpful - give her a call though....you never know

It’s still Trudy-Ann. We’ve communicated and the simple answer is I’m told ‘you are on the list and we’ll be in touch’. I’ve tried (without being a pain) pressing for any more information, but can’t get any. Lame :(

Ant154cd

It’s still Trudy-Ann. We’ve communicated and the simple answer is I’m told ‘you are on the list and we’ll be in touch’. I’ve tried (without being a pain) pressing for any more information, but can’t get any. Lame :(
I'm Thameslink and awaiting a course, though not for as long as you and Luckyflames! When did you last get an update, I know they are ridiculously busy at the moment?

Ses16

Hey everyone, could someone PM any email contact details for Trudy Ann or the talent team for GTR? Not sure if the generic one on the email is the same or if they have another one they use for recruitment.

Luckyflames

Hey everyone, could someone PM any email contact details for Trudy Ann or the talent team for GTR? Not sure if the generic one on the email is the same or if they have another one they use for recruitment.
How long have you been waiting ?

Last edited:

Sly Sloth

22 months. This is not something I want to be winning though :'(
You’re miles behind the longest I’ve heard of! chap at a coastal depot waited over 7 year, had to redo all the assessments as they’d expired! Due to how seniority worked back then, date of initial assessment, he started up a link so signed loads all at once

REO Nate

You’re miles behind the longest I’ve heard of! chap at a coastal depot waited over 7 year, had to redo all the assessments as they’d expired! Due to how seniority worked back then, date of initial assessment, he started up a link so signed loads all at once

OMG, suddenly nearly two years doesn’t sound as bad o_O Wowzers.

Daly131

I passed my medical on Tuesday just awaiting my contract and looking to start on the 23rd of October at Cricklewood is anyone else in the same boat? It’s finally happening after 6 long years of trying!!

Mabs

I passed my medical on Tuesday just awaiting my contract and looking to start on the 23rd of October at Cricklewood is anyone else in the same boat? It’s finally happening after 6 long years of trying!!
I applied for Cricklewood but still waiting for the interview date so I'm a few boats behind you. Hopefully il catch up but it's been only two years for me.

richiejenks

Hi all, I’ve just received an email to attend the interview, only problem is the 2 dates they have available I won’t be able to attend on that particular day. Can’t believe my luck. Anyone been in this position and do you think I’ll be able to get another date?

Luckyflames

Hi all, I’ve just received an email to attend the interview, only problem is the 2 dates they have available I won’t be able to attend on that particular day. Can’t believe my luck. Anyone been in this position and do you think I’ll be able to get another date?
Unless it’s your wedding or a funeral of a close relative. Think I’d do all I could to attend.

Mabs

I would cancel everything else and attend the interview.

That's what I would do.

Sly Sloth

If you don’t go then you’ll end up missing out. They’ve so many applications they don’t have to do anything to assist you