• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modano1000

Anyone else apply for this role in December 2015? Anyone heard anything? My application status is still shown "Application Submitted".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twedds74

Yep, me also and 3bridges in Aug/sept. Still says on both application submitted!

Be prepared for a long wait, as GTR still trying to get courses for those already in talent pool, before sifting more applications. I just think it's bad that they can't even email just to reassure us that were still in the process.

mresh91

If it is for the Southern Trainee driver for London Depots, then yeah I applied and I'm in the same position as you. One guy on here also applied and was invited to an assessment centre. Last I heard he had a DMI at Victoria. So they did clearly sift through some of the applications.

Yep, me also and 3bridges in Aug/sept. Still says on both application submitted!

Be prepared for a long wait, as GTR still trying to get courses for those already in talent pool, before sifting more applications. I just think it's bad that they can't even email just to reassure us that were still in the process.

This is what I was told too

Modano1000

If it is for the Southern Trainee driver for London Depots, then yeah I applied and I'm in the same position as you. One guy on here also applied and was invited to an assessment centre. Last I heard he had a DMI at Victoria. So they did clearly sift through some of the applications.

Is that from applying in December 15? I did email recruitment where they said they are still sifting through applications.

mresh91

Is that from applying in December 15? I did email recruitment where they said they are still sifting through applications.

Yes I do believe that is the one friend ( job ref GTR/0805). Read and weep:

16th February 2016

Hi,

Yeah got a reply today as well assessment on the 25th slso got an assessment on the 29th with southern. Trying to cramp in as much revision as possible

If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply with Southern. Was it for the ad in December?

Yea I think applied on the 20th of Dec, got an email last week to come in for an assessment day.

8th March 2016

I have my manages interview very soon as well, my one is at Victoria, good luck ��

Btw, when did you e-mail recruitment? I e-mailed them a while back but didn't get a response so I pretty much stopped pinning my hopes on this opportunity. Anything other than an official rejection e-mail will be a welcome bonus now. :lol:

Modano1000

Last week-realised I hadn't heard anything so dropped them a line. Maybe we have been binned then mate.......

mresh91

Last week-realised I hadn't heard anything so dropped them a line. Maybe we have been binned then mate.......

I e-mailed them more than a month back but didn't get a response :roll:. But anyway, welcome to the wacky world of railway recruitment. I do echo Twedds74's statement. When Thamelink were recruiting hundreds of drivers last year, they did regularly keep in touch during the application phase citing latest developments/the occasional update. I wasn't successful in my Thameslink application last year, but they did send out reassuring e-mails at any rate.

Unlike you, I don't know how to interpret this. I wouldn't quite rule out them contacting us at a ridiculously distant later date, so it might not be all doom and gloom. Just take it for what it is, they've (clearly) contacted some of the applicants, while the others are in limbo - nothing more, nothing less. I've just learned to step back and let what ever happens transpire. You'd go insane otherwise! :D

mresh91

Just got Dear John'd today via e-mail. Any good news for anyone in here?

Twedds74

I got email from them this morning also, stating that they're still working through the thousands of applications, they will be intouch and thanks for continued patients. So the wait continues ??????

Twedds74

I got email from them this morning also, stating that they're still working through the thousands of applications, they will be intouch and thanks for continued patients. So the wait continues ��

Great news! Just been invited in for DMI:)) , Well it says assessmen day? Although I've already passed these with another TOC, and with enhanced passes, just got to log on and choose a date. Will keep you posted on my progress

mresh91

Been a long time coming Twedds! Congratulations...

Last edited:

sspjpeter

Just got invited to attend my assessment ( GTR- all London depots) which I've booked for June.. Because I did and passed an assessment with southern although with just scrapping through the National grade and not thameslink pass mark, would I need to re-do the whole assessment this time round☹️??
Any thoughts please guys??

Meanwhile I was told a few months back after my successful assessment day which was for threebridges at the time that I would now have to be considered for any London depots as there were no more threebridges interviews.. Am abit mixed up

Pepperami

There are no more vacancies for Three Bridges. This depot has now filled its Driver Requirements, Brighton also will not be recruiting any more drivers as far as I am aware

Pepperami

Because I work in Brighton, and I also know that a fair few Full Qualified Drivers have also opted to go to Three Bridges Depot it was offered to them last year

Anything else I can help you with?

sspjpeter

Thanks for the update.. Just wondering if I have to still go and redo the assessment ??

Garth1971

Really hope thats not the case re Brighton, I've recently had a medical in relation to my Brighton application!!

Pepperami

THREE BRIDGES - As far as I am aware, there are two more course dates for this depot and they are fairly soon, this is third hand information so I am only passing on what I know, so please do not take any guarantees that there are still places at Three Bridges I thought that the intake for there had finished but maybe not?

BRIGHTON - Again as far as I know, Brighton isn't accepting anymore applicants... but if your already on the system for Brighton, and have already had the medical, then its quite possible the last few that applied and got offered brighton will be going through the system shortly in which case, that's great news ;)

Spud

THREE BRIDGES - As far as I am aware, there are two more course dates for this depot and they are fairly soon, this is third hand information so I am only passing on what I know, so please do not take any guarantees that there are still places at Three Bridges I thought that the intake for there had finished but maybe not?

Thanks for the update Pepperami. As someone who is waiting for Bridges and has passed everything, including my medical, this is great news.

Modano1000

Just to check......

Got my assessment day-will I be interviewed on that day? Or only if I pass the assessment? The literature isn't massively clear. Anyone got experience? My intention is to study for an interview in any case

Spud

Just to check......

Got my assessment day-will I be interviewed on that day? Or only if I pass the assessment? The literature isn't massively clear. Anyone got experience? My intention is to study for an interview in any case

Mine went as follows...

Assessment Day 1 - tests, results x 3. If you fail any of the tests, you get sent home there and then. If you pass the whole day, you're give an date for day 2
Assessment Day 2 - computer tests and a psychoanalysis interview. Email a few days later saying if it was a pass or fail
Manager Interview - Just over an hour long. Phone call that day saying I had passed
Medical

All of that was over the space of around 9 weeks.

Dave999

It's changed since then, day 1 is all day and incorporates everything apart from the MMI. Day 2 is a managers interview and day 3 is the MMI then it's medical.

rhysa85

Just to check......

Mine went like this:

- Applied 1st October
- Invited to assessment day start of December, you do all the tests on the one day and find out there and then if you pass. If you do not pass the morning tests you are told after lunch, and are sent home (it's a bit ruthless!)
- Had my DMI in Feb, told I passed a couple of days later/
- Had my MMI in March, told I passed a week later

You will find that the timescale varies mate, so just take it as it comes, hopefully you'll be fine and have no problems :D

Twedds74

Morning all, I got my DMI soon (just had next weeks postponed :( ), I'm just wondered if anyone can confirm if it's for Southern or Thameslink (London Depots) as the job advert isn't clear on this. I have brushed up on my GTR company knowledge, for the hole of GTR. Also anybody who has had a DMI with them already, can you remember what questions were asked. I have had a DMI before with MTR, just wondered if GTR is similar or not, I want to be well prepared and be successful this time!! TIA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.