• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Woah.

I haven't bothered eradicating the text that's visible in this. I hope you understand why... :p

Attachments

• Z.jpg
    Z.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 34

clagmonster

Established Member
Cheers for the hint. I now don't have a clue, other than the fact it is not electrified and is not on the GWR. Hale?

clagmonster

Established Member
The signal set back from the end of the platform suggests that a level crossing is present. Barrhill is sufficiently English sounding.

There is indeed a level crossing here. Very astute. Barhill is not the one. The name of this station doesn't sound particularly English. In fact the name would be better suited to a person than a place!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Extra clue: on 30th November 2011 this station wouldn't have seen any services.

Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I was going to suggest Keith, the 30th November gave it away.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 27
I could see some building work in the background that looked like a road being built. So I initially assumed it would be somewhere in Glasgow's southside (M74 has recently been extended). None of the stations there matched. So I looked instead for stations near a motorway and Easterhouse was in there. Having checked though, that construction in the background doesn't seem to be anything to do with motorway construction, so I guess I'm just very lucky.

Where could this be?

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: