• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Not Lingwood. Got the right country now. If no one gets it by this evening I'll do a less cropped image

Crossover

Established Member
Not Nunthorpe
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Right then. The wider angle pic will have to wait as I've not been on the PC since getting home but I'll give another clue in the meantime

The cropping is hiding the fact this station is NOT a single platform :D

Crossover

Established Member
That was a total punt, it was the only island platform I could think of at teh time!

Good punt!

I suspect they've removed part of the ramp to extend the platform into the space to get another coach of the GC services fully on (as in the rear door), as they are too long for that platform.

clagmonster

Established Member
I saw the First logo on the poster early on and thought the lamp posts were Virgin Red. Not a Virgin station, but some of their colours may well be there, Lockerbie?

gnolife

Established Member
I'm thinking that its either a Capital Connect or a Great Western station. TPX signs have the TPX logo rather than the FirstGroup one as a general rule, and ScotRail have the white crossy efforts nowadays (assuming that its a recent photo). I'm going to guess at Bradford-on-Avon as an opening bid.

clagmonster

Established Member
The Great Western idea intrigues me. If indeed the lamp posts are Virgin red, then they may be somewhere that the service was provided by the Cross Country franchise but the station managed by Great Western (like Coleshill is now with London Midland). Kemble?

Buttsy

Established Member
The Great Western idea intrigues me. If indeed the lamp posts are Virgin red, then they may be somewhere that the service was provided by the Cross Country franchise but the station managed by Great Western (like Coleshill is now with London Midland). Kemble?

Nope, sorry