• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Buttsy

Established Member
Is it possible to re-up it to somewhere like imgur as a larger file size? Thats far too small

No I can't, I'm at work at present and that's how they downloaded from the email to myself.

You have the full shot, it's not been cropped at all.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If I may interject and ask does anyone know where this unauthorised passenger is attempting to board?

Guess.jpg

steamybrian

Established Member
My first thoughts are-

It looks like a seagull riding a class 375 unit.
The canopy valancing looks similar to South Eastern & Chatham Railway.

...but there again I could be completely wrong.

A reply to yes or no to these comments would enable me to focus further.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It is a seagull but not a 375 and I'll leave you hanging for a bit longer on the second question ;)

One present I will give is that's a member of the Electrostar family of units.

Crossover

Established Member
This ticketless travel seems to be commonplace...I seem to recall a gull was doing the same thing on a FGW 158 at Temple Meads when we there in March :P

I'm going to hazard a guess at Barking (and at that I am probably thinking of the wrong end of the GOBLIN...)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not Barking.

The answer to the second question (is it a former LSECR station) is also no but the station was part of the former Southern Region (funny how the regions which haven't existed for decades are often still relevant!).

steamybrian

Established Member
The clues that lead me to Bognor Regis-

The roof supports and valancing had the look of a Southern station
On a fine day seagulls normally stay close to the coast so I first considered all stations close to the South East coast.
The clue I spotted was the reflection in the windows of a overhead lighting support so I then considered all stations which have floodlit carriage sidings adjacent to a coastal station. It left only a few others such as Dover Priory, Ramsgate. In looking at photos of these and other locations the roof supports were different.

......open floor....

Buttsy

Established Member
At work so a small but uncropped one again from me:

Attachments

• 112434498602DF95BB.png
    112434498602DF95BB.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 36