• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Manchester Piccadilly.
Dam has someone beaten me by 1min!!!

Dont know platform though.

Hehe! That's how you play Guess the Station....

I'll take a punt and say that train (a 323?) is on platform 9 and the train that David was on was leaving platform 7.

By the way, if I am right, it'll always be open floor from me until further notice.

Last edited:

DavidL

Manchester Picc is correct!

Very good attempt with the platforms - The 323 (bonus point 1) is leaving on platform 8, and I'm sat on a train about to leave platform 10. For those following the trivialities developing as part of my ongoing "Northern Rail 156" set of photos - we're actually sat on the 156 that is later photographed at Buxton :)

Paul has declared "open floor" - so open floor it is :)

MCR247

Established Member
TP No one said it was an open floor ;)

But I think yours is west hampsteas thameslink

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Yes - sorry I'm tired after a day of being HeadTeacher for the day at school in aid of comic relief :)

Yep thats right will remove :oops:

clagmonster

Established Member
I've suspected from the off that it's South Eastern from the canopy, I just can't quite place it.
I suspect it is a station with 2 island platforms, Kent House is my next stab in the dark.

steamybrian

Established Member
Good one.... Not sure but it has got me guessing-
first attempt

Folkestone Central

It would appear taken from on board 4 CEP stock

clagmonster

Established Member
The picture features modern information screens, dating it within the last 10 years. There appear to be sliding quarter lights rather than hopper vents, and a lot of doorhandles, so I reckon it's either a VEP or near to a cab/van of a CIG.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
How come a nice easy 'southern' station goes just as I check in to the thread?

My station cat picture is prised and ready.;)