• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Ok next one

Attachments

• 91112 at Glasgow 11th july.jpg
    91112 at Glasgow 11th july.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 102

Established Member
all those who said 91 are wrong its the new VT Mk3 DVT, The name is not always what it is you know :) 90019 wins

this is it

Death

Established Member
Hang on...Have Virgin actually bought themselves a 91 set? :shock:

I'd previously heard that they'd got a 91 in for some runs EUS - BHM/MAN, but I thought that was a temporary loan from NXEC to sub for burst Pendos? :?

--- Old post above / New post below: ---

Actually...If no one minds me having a hack, I'm going to post a rather fiendish one of my own and see if we have anyone on the forum who can solve the puzzle! It may look like it's just an all-black image that I've posted, but trust me...There's much more to this one than meets the eye! ;)

attachment.php

Farewell, have phun, and never let the bar-stewards steal thy BlueBox! <D
>> Death <<

Attachments

• Guess_the_train.gif
    Guess_the_train.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Established Member
Hang on...Have Virgin actually bought themselves a 91 set? :shock:

I'd previously heard that they'd got a 91 in for some runs EUS - BHM/MAN, but I thought that was a temporary loan from NXEC to sub for burst Pendos? :?

It's the Mk3 DVT from the Mk3 set that was recently repainted.
They've got a 90, not a 91.

Death

Established Member
Hmmm...We obviously have a lot of GIF hackers knocking about the forum then! :D

The train in question is a Class 373 (The TOPS class given to Eurostars) and I'll give that one to 90019 as he was the first to state which class it was. :)

Now for a couple of bonus points: Can anyone tell me what's rather unusual about this particular Eurostar, what the 4-digit unit number is, and which line this photo was taken on? ;)

Death

Established Member
Blowing up the image with bitmap expander, I see 3302 as the unit number, so ye are correct on all counts! :D 8)
(If I may ask: Did ye find the note that I'd left embedded in the image and re-engineer it using a program, or were ye simply highlighting it in FireFox and looking at it from an angle? :))

Edit: For anyone who's curious, the original image is attached below. :)

Attachments

• Guessed_the_train.gif
    Guessed_the_train.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 43

Established Member
(If I may ask: Did ye find the note that I'd left embedded in the image and re-engineer it using a program, or were ye simply highlighting it in FireFox and looking at it from an angle? :))

My screen has very slightly faded colours, meaning I can see what the image is, and I could see what looked like GNER branding on the side, just above the front bogey. Had to check which were the 3 that were reliveried though.

Last edited:

Death

Established Member
Ahh...When I posted the image yesterday, I found that if I highlighted it in FireFox I could see a very faint monochrome representation of the image. So much for hiding it properly! :lol:

Ah well...My next one will be a lot more fiendish, I can guarentee that! ;) <D

Death

Established Member
I thought it was the APT
Thats a 370
Trust me...If they were using 370s on Eurostar workings, then London to Paris would be a lot quicker than the 2:25 average journey time suggested by the Eurostar timetable... ;)

...That, and I'd be posting on this forum as a much appreciated - Yet oft reprimanded - Eurostar employee! <D

--- Old post above / New post below: ---

Incidentally...I know that others have said that 90019s image is of an HST, but I'm going to hack a guess that it might actually be a G(o)NER Class 91. :)

Last edited:
the pic is either a GC HST or the 89 in the GNER livery

Trust me...If they were using 370s on Eurostar workings, then London to Paris would be a lot quicker than the 2:25 average journey time suggested by the Eurostar timetable... ;)
I meant that the APT was the 373 and the eurostar was the 370

Status
Not open for further replies.