• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Assessment Centre - Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twotwo

Re parts 1/2/3....
Is one just counting all tones.
Two looking for letters, numbers or symbols.
Three a combination of one and two - counting all tones and finding symbols.
??

Part 1 is counting low tones only. But it starts to sound the same and it speeds up so its a bit difficult.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Willum

How did you get on Daydr3am3r?

I’ve just booked the second assessment in Swindon in March. Anyone else on it? Or done the second assessment before?

Daydr3am3r

How did you get on Daydr3am3r?

I’ve just booked the second assessment in Swindon in March. Anyone else on it? Or done the second assessment before?

Hi Willum

I have also just booked the next assessment in Swindon. Exciting times!!

Chuggintons

Hello,
I've also been invited to the Swindon second assessment, looks like things are moving along nicely 8-)

Andy79

Well done peeps on passing stage 1. Regarding the TEA-Occ tests, Did you have to count all tones heard whilst searching through the phone book or just counting the high tones?? Many thanks

Twotwo

Well done peeps on passing stage 1. Regarding the TEA-Occ tests, Did you have to count all tones heard whilst searching through the phone book or just counting the high tones?? Many thanks

You will be given instructions on the day, don't worry. It's counting ALL the tones.

Daydr3am3r

Honestly Andy the thought of this one is worse that the assessment itself. Just requires concentration. All of the assessments are explained in great detail with practice attempts beforehand.

Andy79

Cheers mate. It’s the only one that is proving tricky when practising

Chuggintons

My thoughts exactly Willum, the next assessment centre has to cover the computer tests and MMI for all attendees in just over four hours, so there can't be too many people.

diana

hello, is everybody here booked for Swindon morning assessment in March? is there one in the afternoon as well? good luck, everyone!

Daydr3am3r

Hi Diana

I don’t think there is as these tests will take a bit of time and I do not see there being enough time for another group in the afternoon if we are not starting until 10.

Stigy

Established Member
Well done to all those progressing through the assesments! Is this all for the talent pool GWR are setting up?

Last edited:

soswales

Afternoon all,

I got my assessment on Wednesday.. it has come around pretty fast!!

Anyone got any final tips from experience how to try and do well? :)

I have been doing the Bourdon paper test - 5 sheets for 2 minutes each and have been getting between 9 - 11 lines down.. overall though missing around two. Hopefully will not miss any on the day (fingers crossed) and got today and tomorrow to keep practicing.

Thanks

Andy79

Afternoon all,

I got my assessment on Wednesday.. it has come around pretty fast!!

Anyone got any final tips from experience how to try and do well? :)

I have been doing the Bourdon paper test - 5 sheets for 2 minutes each and have been getting between 9 - 11 lines down.. overall though missing around two. Hopefully will not miss any on the day (fingers crossed) and got today and tomorrow to keep practicing.

Thanks
Me too!! I’m Just hoping the tones test with phone book search goes well.....stressing me out!!! Good luck

Daydr3am3r

Good luck Steo and Andy!!

There is no rush and you get plenty of time to try the practice examples and ask questions.

Andy79

Wasn’t as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. Tones section was fine! All went OK I think.
Desks are far too small for two people sitting at them!!
Fingers crossed progression onto stage 2.

Daydr3am3r

Well done mate. Hopefully they won’t keep you waiting too long! I had an email six days later!

Status
Not open for further replies.