• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR General info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTU

I am looking for a new job and have seen the GWR mainline vacancy at Paddington, am I correct in thinking they go to Reading,Slough,oxford ? or can anyone give me a better insight into geographical knowledge.Also what are they like as a company to work for? also earliest starts latest finishes etc.., is there a cab agreement in place? just the usual things that we train drivers like to know.
What is the interview process like?.
Many thanks in advance to all the super informed people who make this site so good.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JN114

Established Member
Paddington LTV routes:

London - Oxford
Reading - Bedwyn
West Ealing - Greenford
Old Oak Common
North Pole (to Reception Roads only)
Reading TCD
Oxford DCS

Previously used to sign the Windsor branch, but they've temporarily lost that work to Reading while they concentrate on getting all Paddington LTV drivers 387 trained.

Traction is Turbos, 387s and 180s (for now).

Top link signs to Worcester FS via Evesham, and HSTs.

As far as I'm aware the waiting list for Padd HSS is full of Padd LTV drivers - Id be very surprised if they directly recruited qualified drivers externally straight into HSS positions.

Traction is HSTs, some drivers sign the 08 and 57s for shunting / pilot / thunderbird duties. Rouutes:

London - Bristol (all variations thereof)
Bristol - Taunton
Reading - Exeter St Davids via B&H.
Didcot - Oxford
Swindon - Cheltenham Spa
Bristol Parkway - Swansea via Pontyclun
West Ealing - Old Oak Common West via Park Royal
Old Oak Common Depot

I'm not a driver, but find the company great to work for. Appreciate that some of my colleagues may see things differently in their area of the business so I'd let a driver answer that.

Last edited:

BTU

Thanks for the reply, are the LTV drivers the ones that stop all over the place ? are they not considered mainline drivers ? do you know what LTV stands for?

387star

On Moderation
Ltv is London Thames Valley
And yes they are very much mainline drivers

It's what used to be Thames trains /fgw link

Status
Not open for further replies.