• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Harmonisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Bank holidays are normal working days (no enhancements except for Xmas day and boxing day), bank holiday entitlement is rolled in to overall annual leave totals

Trainstrains

Bank holidays are normal working days (no enhancements except for Xmas day and boxing day), bank holiday entitlement is rolled in to overall annual leave totals

Hi Taff

So do we work Christmas Day and Boxing Day? (I'll be a Customer Host with GWR)
I thought the trains didn't run?

It's a pretty generous holiday allowance anyway :)

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Only drivers work Christmas and Boxing day. This thread was about drivers when it was started a year ago so assumed it still was. You will need to use annual leave for them though, unless they fall on rest days

Trainstrains

Only drivers work Christmas and Boxing day. This thread was about drivers when it was started a year ago so assumed it still was. You will need to use annual leave for them though, unless they fall on rest days
Sorry Taff, I stumbled across it during a search

Thank you :)

winks

What is the annual leave entitlement for new starters into SWR ? As where I am now I get 33 + 8 on top.

vikingdriver

What is the annual leave entitlement for new starters into SWR ? As where I am now I get 33 + 8 on top.

Presuming you mean for drivers, I think it was 27 when I left? Hopefully someone can confirm! Just looked at ASLEF website and that says 27.

Class2ldn

Not another firm where you have to use your annual leave for two days you get off anyway.(xmas and boxing day)
At our place we get given 2 adhoc days for them

Status
Not open for further replies.