• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Driver - Exeter (12/05/23)

If anybody does log in and do the interview this week, can someone post here what the format is? Have never heard of this type of interview and am intrigued. Sorts of questions etc?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LKS

If anybody does log in and do the interview this week, can someone post here what the format is? Have never heard of this type of interview and am intrigued. Sorts of questions etc?

Thanks

I've not heard of it before... Can only but do and hope :)

Danetime

Thanks
It's a few questions. You get 60 seconds to read the question and 3 minutes to answer it apparently. There is a test question first that you can do on repeat to check your audio and camera quality. Other than that I suggest people should be tight limped as there are many people fighting for very little spaces. Helping someone out may just bump you out.

Mabs

It's a few questions. You get 60 seconds to read the question and 3 minutes to answer it apparently. There is a test question first that you can do on repeat to check your audio and camera quality. Other than that I suggest people should be tight limped as there are many people fighting for very little spaces. Helping someone out may just bump you out.
Have you done all your assessments?

Danetime

So is this the DMI, Must be something new but I didn't get any emails plus I have my dmi in a few weeks time in Bristol Depot.
No this is video interview is pre train driver psychometric tests. Just they had so many people apply and need to thin the herd I guess.
Best of luck on your DMI!

Mabs

No this is video interview is pre train driver psychometric tests. Just they had so many people apply and need to thin the herd I guess.
Best of luck on your DMI!
Oh yes I had one of them for Colas Rail. I passed it, then i had the DMI with Colas and failed it.

Worst thing is Colas test you again before the DMI. It's all mini test of all the assessments that's done for the railway. There is scaat, memory test, dials and a few others.

LKS

Good luck to all those who have submitted their video interviews :smile:

Lmc1976

Having watched back my video submissions I have come to the conclusion that my face is better suited to radio!

LKS

Having watched back my video submissions I have come to the conclusion that my face is better suited to radio!
:lol: same! That's why I'm best suited to be in the cab than behind a customer service desk

LKS

Hi. Did anyone here got contract for St Davids with starting date 16.10?

Oooooo exciting! Good luck :D

I think most of us are on the latest recruitment drive and awaiting results from video interview.

LKS

Has anyone had any feedback following video interview?

Lmc1976

Has anyone had any feedback following video interview?
Yes, quite a quick reply but I wasn’t expecting in depth analysis really as it was still quite early stages of the recruitment process.

LKS

Yes, quite a quick reply but I wasn’t expecting in depth analysis really as it was still quite early stages of the recruitment process.

Ah wow! Have you been successful at this stage?

I hadn't heard anything and the portal hadn't changed so wondered if I did it right

Lmc1976

Ah wow! Have you been successful at this stage?

I hadn't heard anything and the portal hadn't changed so wondered if I did it right
No I was unsuccessful. I currently work for a TOC and lots of us were knocked back within 24 hrs of each other recently so I would suggest no news is good news.

LKS

No I was unsuccessful. I currently work for a TOC and lots of us were knocked back within 24 hrs of each other recently so I would suggest no news is good news.

Oh no! Forgive my ignorance, but as an already qualified driver, would you not have been separated to someone looking to be a trainee?

Samzino

Oh no! Forgive my ignorance, but as an already qualified driver, would you not have been separated to someone looking to be a trainee?
I don't think he is a qualified. I believe he may be a conductor / TM with GWR.

LimaWhiskey17

Has anyone had an update on this application process or know if it is even still running? It's been 5 months now since the last update from the TOC. Wandering if anyone has had any positive or negative updates?

Lmc1976

Has anyone had an update on this application process or know if it is even still running? It's been 5 months now since the last update from the TOC. Wandering if anyone has had any positive or negative updates?
Some internal candidates have been knocked back after the online video interview process and some have been called forward to take the psychometrics. It’s gone no further than that yet.

LimaWhiskey17

Some internal candidates have been knocked back after the online video interview process and some have been called forward to take the psychometrics. It’s gone no further than that yet.
Thanks for the update. Nice to know the process is still ongoing.

LKS

Have you heard anything since the online interview a few months back??

Had an email this morning for assessment centre. Bit nervous now, it's been a while since application and hope I can keep my calm.

I've tried assessment centre before and failed so really need to do it this time.

LimaWhiskey17

Had an email this morning for assessment centre. Bit nervous now, it's been a while since application and hope I can keep my calm.

I've tried assessment centre before and failed so really need to do it this time.
Nice, glad things are moving for you, what date did you get for the centre? Still playing the waiting game here, first time applying so had no idea how long things take.

Best of luck with your assessment, sure you will smash it!

LKS

Nice, glad things are moving for you, what date did you get for the centre? Still playing the waiting game here, first time applying so had no idea how long things take.

Best of luck with your assessment, sure you will smash it!

15th. In Swindon.

I'm assuming they are running assessment days now or combining it with internal applicants and if there's space, then they are emailing out to see who can make it.

LimaWhiskey17

15th. In Swindon.

I'm assuming they are running assessment days now or combining it with internal applicants and if there's space, then they are emailing out to see who can make it.
Wow that is short notice! Does sound like they might be filling gaps alongside the internal applicants.

Just nice to hear things are moving. Best of luck.