• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Driver (Talent Pool) - Bristol/Westbury (27/02/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BA11Eagle

In 2012 it was paper

I'm still trying to get my head around which number to reference against the table
I would assume that the one to refer to would be the K reference? As it’s 0.9 etc but I have no idea.

Which vacancy is this for?
It’s an online test for free. I’ve applied for the Bristol/Westbury vacancy and hoping to get into the Westbury depot.

mattymat

I would assume that the one to refer to would be the K reference? As it’s 0.9 etc but I have no idea.

It’s an online test for free. I’ve applied for the Bristol/Westbury vacancy and hoping to get into the Westbury depot.
Are you just practicing then ? Next stage is Swindon centre I believe but I think we will get time to prepare. I finished the second test as fast as I could and I was accurate but it was hard to get more than 15 qs answered I’d predict accurately anyway

Also as it was Bristol/Westbury do we get to decide later in the process where we end up?

BA11Eagle

Are you just practicing then ? Next stage is Swindon centre I believe but I think we will get time to prepare. I finished the second test as fast as I could and I was accurate but it was hard to get more than 15 qs answered I’d predict accurately anyway

Also as it was Bristol/Westbury do we get to decide later in the process where we end up?
Yes I’m preparing now as I’m a grade A worrier. This is also my first time applying and from the forum and post I can see that there are people here who have done these assessment days before and I haven’t so I don’t want to be unprepared.

I think for the second test I answered about 30 or so (I think it was definitely over half).

When applying you selected your preferences so I put Westbury as my first and Bristol as my second.

mattymat

Yes I’m preparing now as I’m a grade A worrier. This is also my first time applying and from the forum and post I can see that there are people here who have done these assessment days before and I haven’t so I don’t want to be unprepared.

I think for the second test I answered about 30 or so (I think it was definitely over half).

When applying you selected your preferences so I put Westbury as my first and Bristol as my second.
Can you change your mind as I dont think I read that part clearly! And 30 wow! In the time it took to read everything clearly and work fast I didn’t get anywhere near that were you careful in your selection because it seems you might have made careless mistakes if you did that much. I worked really fast and don’t think I even got to 15!

BA11Eagle

Can you change your mind as I dont think I read that part clearly! And 30 wow! In the time it took to read everything clearly and work fast I didn’t get anywhere near that were you careful in your selection because it seems you might have made careless mistakes if you did that much. I worked really fast and don’t think I even got to 15!
I have no idea on the depot change, I assume you could tell them in your interview etc. Personally I’m not sure it’s going to matter and we’ll all end up going to Bristol. Would you rather be there or Westbury?

Sorry it might not of been 30, but I’m going off of the bars at the top of the screen and I think I can remember ending just over half way. I hope I was, I can’t recall there being 1 where I had been worried about my answer. However, we will wait and see, now that I have said that I won’t get selected and will have done poor!

mattymat

I have no idea on the depot change, I assume you could tell them in your interview etc. Personally I’m not sure it’s going to matter and we’ll all end up going to Bristol. Would you rather be there or Westbury?

Sorry it might not of been 30, but I’m going off of the bars at the top of the screen and I think I can remember ending just over half way. I hope I was, I can’t recall there being 1 where I had been worried about my answer. However, we will wait and see, now that I have said that I won’t get selected and will have done poor!
Didn’t realise there were 2 separate locations! Thought they were next door or something.

Anyone that did the second test how far out of 50 did you lot get to? I’m intrigued

MrPointment

Didn’t realise there were 2 separate locations! Thought they were next door or something.

Anyone that did the second test how far out of 50 did you lot get to? I’m intrigued
In the second test I think I may have gotten through about 20 I think. But of those 20 I think I got every one correct because I took the time to be careful about it.

mattymat

In the second test I think I may have gotten through about 20 I think. But of those 20 I think I got every one correct because I took the time to be careful about it.
I feel the exact same I was careful too. They started to try to catch you out with the later ones by changing more than one category.

BA11Eagle

To be honest I think we’ll all have to wait 3-4 weeks before hearing about assessment days, after reading the FAQ’s and job advert, it doesn’t seem to be that they’re in much of a rush to hire.

BA11Eagle

They never have and never will be in a rush. Thousands of applications for each role.
No 100%, I think the first and second tests which followed into the Hiring Manager email will cut a lot of people out of the running.

Those who go through are then picked on a subjective basis from the Hiring Manager which will also cut a lot of people out based on their test results/application skill set.

But we’ll see! I have my fingers crossed for everyone on this thread!

Has anyone achieved an above average speed result on a Bourdon test yet? I keep getting around average speed with high accuracy.

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
No 100%, I think the first and second tests which followed into the Hiring Manager email will cut a lot of people out of the running.

Those who go through are then picked on a subjective basis from the Hiring Manager which will also cut a lot of people out based on their test results/application skill set.

But we’ll see! I have my fingers crossed for everyone on this thread!
It’s dog eat dog mate, better off praying others don’t make it ;)

Deea

I got a reply back saying that I was unsuccessful and will not be invited for the next stage. Good luck to everyone who are still in the race

MrPointment

Unlucky mate hopefully next time. Anyone else hear back?
Sorry to hear that Deea. No, mattymat, I haven't heard back anything yet. I wonder if all the ones who haven't survived the sift have found out already and the rest of us are just awaiting an assessment date, or if people are yet to get the elbow...

LKS

I got a reply back saying that I was unsuccessful and will not be invited for the next stage. Good luck to everyone who are still in the race
So sorry to hear Deea. Guess we will will all start to find out our fate.

What's gutting is you don't get feedback to know what it was that didn't make the next stage (predicted distance, experience etc)

Carl01

Sadly I got the mail on Wednesday saying not this time, try again, but wait 6 months before trying again.

Stigy

Established Member
So sorry to hear Deea. Guess we will will all start to find out our fate.

What's gutting is you don't get feedback to know what it was that didn't make the next stage (predicted distance, experience etc)
I would imagine, given the volume of applicants, it’s quite likely the packs haven’t even graced human eyes at this stage.

MrPointment

It's tense now that people have started getting the knock back emails. Sitting around wondering if you're next on their sh*t list. Refreshing your inbox every five minutes. Still, for now, no news is good news I guess. Next week should be interesting :s

387star

On Moderation
Imagine passing everything and not being taken on. Could be worse.

MrPointment

Imagine passing everything and not being taken on. Could be worse.
Yeah that'd be crushing. If you don't get past the initial stages you can console yourself by saying "Well I never really got the chance to showcase my abilities". If you go all the way and get knocked back you can't really make that claim. Still, you can only give it your best shot.

mattymat

If they’ve started to reply to people then the victors must also hear back pretty soon. I doubt it’ll take 4-5 months from now…

MrPointment

If they’ve started to reply to people then the victors must also hear back pretty soon. I doubt it’ll take 4-5 months from now…
I think you're right. I imagine once they've told all those who aren't moving to the next stage it'll take a couple of weeks maybe to arrange availability for assessment booking then invites to book an assessment day will go out. Seems to be moving faster than I would have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.