• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR trainee train driver talent pool - Westbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Worth a try for the experience. How do they screen your travel time?

Walshy23

Ok you’ve twisted my arm I’ll apply later after work.

Your both right I shouldn’t just assume I suppose. Besides, I’m sure I could those 8 mins if I really tried ;) (safely of course)

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Ok you’ve twisted my arm I’ll apply later after work.

Your both right I shouldn’t just assume I suppose. Besides, I’m sure I could those 8 mins if I really tried ;) (safely of course)
They accept relocation, but they won't accept you living beyond the hour, even by 8minutes.
Westbury can be awkward to get to. And 68minutes on paper is probably more like 75-80 depending on where you come from.

I'm not saying don't apply, but I am saying be prepared to move within that hour.

Stigy

Established Member
I’m getting confused by this whole talent pool thing. Does the fact that they’re seeking applicants to fill a specific location’s pool indicate they didn’t have enough suitable applicants in the last batch? Or wasn’t Westbury in the previous campaign at the end of last year?

387star

On Moderation
Railway recruitment is so bizarre I'd give up trying to work it out. A lot is based on future projection. Talent Pools are painful places but hopefully you hear soon.

Daydr3am3r

I don’t think Westbury was an option in the last recruitment drive, but I may be wrong.

TheWalrus

Established Member
What are GWR looking for in the application? I get turned down for interview every single time :(

Stigy

Established Member
What are GWR looking for in the application? I get turned down for interview every single time :(
So to clarify, you have done the assessments and you just don’t get invited to DMI? If you have the assesment passes, I’ve found that getting an interview is the easy part from experience. Did you have to submit a CV and cover letter or just fill out your experiences etc on their online form?

cancatsdance

Thanks tiptoptaff. anyway of knowing what trains your likely to drive, do you start on a 50cc and work up lol

TheWalrus

Established Member
So to clarify, you have done the assessments and you just don’t get invited to DMI? If you have the assesment passes, I’ve found that getting an interview is the easy part from experience. Did you have to submit a CV and cover letter or just fill out your experiences etc on their online form?
I fill out the application online do the SJT assessment then get an email saying I’m unsuccessful every time.

Stigy

Established Member
That was quick! Typical... take the eye off of the ball for 48hrs and gone :rolleyes:
Unfortunately that’s what happens with a lot of jobs as popular as these. They even say in the advert they may take it down earlier if they reach their quota. I’d hazard a guess they get in to the thousands of applicants across the board.

BraddersOP94

Managed to get on to this when it was up, 55 mins travel time to Westbury from where I am.
Done both the online tests, whats the time scale from hearing anything else?
(understand its very early doors)

Bradders.

Daydr3am3r

To be honest Bradders it depends on the depot. Some from the last recruitment drive (me included) have completed the stage 1 assessments and have a date for stage 2 computerised tests and MMI.
Others are still waiting for the next stage after completing the first online tests

Termy

Some of us are off to Reading a week Monday for Stage 1 assessments. Very, very excited. :3

Melancholia

After going through all the assessments, I will be attending a DMI in two weeks time.

Do note that I applied for Westbury last year, when they advertised talent pool positions along with Gloucester, Bristol & Fratton around December time.

Status
Not open for further replies.