• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hamilton Steele EG - Silver carriages

DC21

Some of you may know this location as a carriage works near to Hamilton West station. I noticed several silver carriages that looked like Nightstar carriages. Any info on why there are there and what the plan is for them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Some of you may know this location as a carriage works near to Hamilton West station. I noticed several silver carriages that looked like Nightstar carriages. Any info on why there are there and what the plan is for them?
All I can think of are the ex-Grand Hibernian ex-Irish Rail Mk3s, which moved to Hamilton West from Long Marston in 2021, along with Pullman 316.

They are a deep blue with silver roofs though, not silver all over, hence my uncertainty that they are definitely what you saw.

The latest was that Royal Scotsman were after one Mk3 as a replacement Observation Car.

themiller

no, that was just 67029 and the DVT
I’ve just looked on Apple Maps and it looks like 4 ‘white’ roofed coaches and 1 grey roofed coach with something else with graffiti halfway across the roof. Don’t know when the imaging is from and can’t see the detail on my phone.