• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hanson/fastline Grid diagrams anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

Hi all,

Me and a friend are wanting to spend a day or two shooting up some grids. I've looked all over, but can't find any diagrams. I know fastline 56's are based at donny, and i know one hanson route is from immingham, right?

If anyone has any info on good locations, or possible good locations out int he middle of nowhere, that would be good too, and kindly appreciated, but dont go out of your way :)

I'm not upto date ona ll of the news and stuff, im more of a photographer, and i dint realise fastlines intermodal services are no longer! Thats a shame, so are they doing any coal work yet??

Thanks

Dempsey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
AFAIK:

Fastline = Nothing. 301/302 stored Doncaster, 303 stored Derby RTC (off lease.)

Hanson = Colas Rail bits and bobs, but as and when and nothing permanent. Dollands Moor-Hams Hall (4Z91/4Z92) and Washwood Heath-Boston (6Z56/6Z57) are the flows to look out for. Very much a case of keep your ears open for any gen - the former should run northbound this Thursday but then again it was supposed to last week and didn't.

Demps

Ok thanks a lot for that 87015.

Quite gutting really. I hope fastline get them back on the go, or else im gona kick myself about not getting their intermodal traffic, i've seen to many shots of them, and not taken any myself.

Phoenix

Established Member
The Hams Hall- Dollands moor workings is due to set off at around 7ish today and there will be a L/E move from Washwood heath to Hams hall around 5.15 pm today.
Also the Grid of choice for this working is 56311.

Phoenix

Established Member
Apparently 56311 wont start at Washwood heath so 56312 is doing the job instead.

Phoenix

Established Member
Why are they all stored? :( Because of the arrival of the new sheds?

Because Fast line decided to scrap the Intermodal arm of it's business due to poor loadings and increasing debt etc.
The two locomotives stored at Doncaster may still be used with Fastline but as of this moment there is no use for them.

Established Member
Slightly off topic - where do the Fastline sheds work?

As previously mentioned the Fastline 56s have no booked work at present. 56311/312 are currently working between Dollands Moor & Hams Hall for Colas, meant to be MTHO northbound and TFO south, but can be a bit erratic (yesterdays did not run for example :roll:)

He said Fastline sheds, not grids ;)
The Fastline 66's work coal trains to power stations in the Midlands from Hatfield, Daw Mill and Portbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.