• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cin88

So I applied for a trainee driver job at Northern based in Manchester, last week I got the email of doom saying that i've been sifted out. Now i've been sent an invite to an interview. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to confirm attendence only to find that it was a mistake when I arrive.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

So I applied for a trainee driver job at Northern based in Manchester, last week I got the email of doom saying that i've been sifted out. Now i've been sent an invite to an interview. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to confirm attendence only to find that it was a mistake when I arrive.

Pitch up mate, in my experience TOC HR departments don't know their derrière from their mums Nissan micra so you've got every chance of getting through.

amateur

On Moderation
Go and take the confirmation email along with you.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Pitch up mate, in my experience TOC HR departments don't know their derrière from their mums Nissan micra so you've got every chance of getting through.

:rofl:

cin88

I have to reply via email to confirm attendence anyway so hopefully it wasn't an error. I need to make sure that i've got next tuesday off now though (talk about short notice).

Haha

Yes, also happened with the GTR talent pool when a few people who failed the DMI were sent an email suggesting they were still in the running and were then promised another DMI. Again, a real arse/elbow moment.

Aivilo

Not unusual a friend was offered a driver line manager interview and didn't even submit an application

332 > 444

Haha

Yes, also happened with the GTR talent pool when a few people who failed the DMI were sent an email suggesting they were still in the running and were then promised another DMI. Again, a real arse/elbow moment.

Yep, still waiting myself

Aivilo said:
Not unusual a friend was offered a driver line manager interview and didn't even submit an application

Did he go? I find that hilarious, how they manage to do that?

Aivilo

Yep. He opened an application but only got as far as his name and address and never submitted the application. Got a call about the job explained he didn't apply but was asked if he would still like to attend the interview so went.

332 > 444

That's a bit like me in my current job, never filled out the competency questions on the online form and that was 9 years ago now! :lol:

Lucky63

This happened to me. Although I've been given a few extra days than you....

BestWestern

Established Member
I know of a somebody being offered a traincrew position without having undergone any of the required assessments; HR departments really are places of mystery!

Vacuumfriends

Yep, happened to me with Southeastern. Email saying sifted out, next day invite to assessment. I now start in May :D

P.s happened to everyone who I went to the assessments with also.

Status
Not open for further replies.