• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has EMRs HST derogation been extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTRail

Moderator note: Split from https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/emr-class-360s.205226/

If GA are able to release them before hey are needed, a chance to update the interiors BEFORE they enter service?

And aren't the HSTs meant to leave service at the end of 2020, being indirectly and partially replaced BY the electric 360 services?

I’m guessing the derogation on the HSTs will now be extended in light of this news - the ex GC sets should still be replaced by the 180s by the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joenffc

I’m guessing the derogation on the HSTs will now be extended in light of this news - the ex GC sets should still be replaced by the 180s by the end of the year.

Derogation already has been extended, 180s unikely to be used this year

On Moderation
Has it - do you have a link to the source for that? The 2+6 sets have had a dispensation to 31/12/20 since they were issued last year. The more pressing issue is the original 2+8 sets where the dispensation expires on 28 July.

LowLevel

Established Member
I believe from the internal emails we've had that extensions are a done deal, just waiting for the formal paperwork to be issued. Might be 3 LNER sets in traffic by October at current rate of progress.

Nym

Established Member
One could also replace the 2+6 sets with ex. LNER sets so the derogation wouldn't need further extension on them units, just an extension of scope on the Ex. LNER ones.

yorksrob

Veteran Member

"Tragedy" to quote the Bee Gees in sarcastic fashion.

Still hoping to get some proper HST journeys in, assuming "The Neverending Story" a.k.a the MML weekend engineering works, ever actually finish.

DB

One could also replace the 2+6 sets with ex. LNER sets so the derogation wouldn't need further extension on them units, just an extension of scope on the Ex. LNER ones.

The whole point is that the LNER ones are knackered which is why it's taking them so long to get them into service. Having even more of them would make the problem even worse than it already is.

I believe from the internal emails we've had that extensions are a done deal, just waiting for the formal paperwork to be issued. Might be 3 LNER sets in traffic by October at current rate of progress.

What's the plan with these? Will they stop at three and continue with some ex-EMR sets until the HSTs are withdrawn, or are further LNER sets still intended?

Thanks

LowLevel

Established Member
The whole point is that the LNER ones are knackered which is why it's taking them so long to get them into service. Having even more of them would make the problem even worse than it already is.

What's the plan with these? Will they stop at three and continue with some ex-EMR sets until the HSTs are withdrawn, or are further LNER sets still intended?

Thanks

It looks like being a mix of both at the moment but they haven't said what the plan is specifically. The vehicles being knackered on the LNER sets combined with COVID-19 working restrictions on the depot means work on an 8 car set is extremely slow. It doesn't look like there is going to be any other option to maintain the service.

There might be a phased reduction in HST mileage I guess but for now I expect things will continue as they are with a mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.