• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has the world gone mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLoaf

hi everyone i just read this http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=13702397&ocid=today&GT1=61503 on the net and was wondering. Is it me or has the world gone mad.

What are your thoughts on the issue.

I think that its all total rubbish, she is a great singer and a very talented girl and its such a shame and a total disgrace that she is being treat this way for and there is no other way of putting it, looking at someone the wrong way.

I thought that it was mad that kids songs like ba ba black sheap were considered racist. Now this what next? I know its only a small amount of people that take "affence" at nothing and on the whole they are nice people.

Do you think that this has gone way too far?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
hi everyone i just read this http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=13702397&ocid=today&GT1=61503 on the net and was wondering. Is it me or has the world gone mad.

What are your thoughts on the issue.

I think that its all total rubbish, she is a great singer and a very talented girl and its such a shame and a total disgrace that she is being treat this way for and there is no other way of putting it, looking at someone the wrong way.

I thought that it was mad that kids songs like ba ba black sheap were considered racist. Now this what next? I know its only a small amount of people that take "affence" at nothing and on the whole they are nice people.

Do you think that this has gone way too far?

yup the world has gone mad first off they stopped you from saying baa baa Blacksheep and calling the blackboard a blackboard and now this. i think that whoever makes these acusations that its "Racist" is beeing a bit pathetic i know people from all races and they think its mad how we are banned from saying blacksheep and blackboard, they dont get offended and i doubt mant other people do

Trains06

I don't think its racist, I do think its mad, though I realise that people could take offence from it :D

Mintona

Established Member
I am sure the future Mrs Mintona didn't mean any offense. It all seems like a lot of fuss over nothing, but it is the way of the world. See Carol Thatcher. You can't do or say anything these days. Not defending Miley or the other dudes, just stating fact.

yup the world has gone mad first off they stopped you from saying baa baa Blacksheep and calling the blackboard a blackboard and now this. i think that whoever makes these acusations that its "Racist" is beeing a bit pathetic i know people from all races and they think its mad how we are banned from saying blacksheep and blackboard, they dont get offended and i doubt mant other people do

Who is this "they" who stopped you from saying anything?

Last edited:

mrcheek

Established Member
this is just ****ing ridiculous. Leave Miley alone!

George Wu should be jailed for attempting to subvert the United States constitution.

Established Member
I am sure the future Mrs Mintona didn't mean any offense. It all seems like a lot of fuss over nothing, but it is the way of the world. See Carol Thatcher. You can't do or say anything these days. Not defending Miley or the other dudes, just stating fact.

Who is this "they" who stopped you from saying anything?

oh noones stoped me from saying anything im jusr refering to the people that go around saying "You cant say that because someone may take offence"

LilLoaf

Just goes to show that you carn't speak to some people now you carn't look at them now either, wonder if they start taken "affence" if you sit next to them on the train.

Phoenix

Established Member
It's america do we expect anyless and now even younger people get shunted into bad spotlight cause some people pretend to be easily offended because really they don't care they just want either money or a little fame and they are only going to get nothing other than sorry because that is the one thing that hasn't change.

So it has become easier to say or do something wrong but just saying sorry get's you out of it suckers.....

David

Established Member
Yes the world has gone mad. No matter what anyone says or does, someone somewhere will take offence. For instance ....

I don't like chinese food. That must mean I'm a racist, and predujiced against the chinese.

I'm an atheist. I've just instantly offended everyone who does believe in God/Allah/whoever.

I'm a British Citizen. I want a job in my local area. What about the human rights of everyone in Europe who want to work here?

I could go on and on, but I think this post gets my point across ....

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The song "bah bah black sheep" was never banned. A nursery school in Oxfordshire (IIRC) simply encouraged the children to use different adjectives such as angry, rainbow and colourful to broaden their vocabulary.

LilLoaf

Now i read in the paper that Jeremy Clarkson is in trouble for letting his mouth go, i fell on the floor laughing when i heard what all the fuss was about.

And who is it, someone Dickenson has affended a Tennis player who is "deeply upset about it" think he needs to grow up or maybe he's just trying to get his 15 mins of fame because nobody knows who the hell he is (unless you are a tennis fan). Madness.

MCR247

Established Member
I mean that just stupid...

Next this will be racist:
I'm getting a black ipod instead of white.
I dont want white trainers
I dont think white is a good livery for a train

:roll::roll:

LilLoaf

Yep and soon it'll spread to annoucements so like,

Good afternoon ladies, gentlemen, and those in between (so as not to affend anyone who's a bit of both )
Welcome to passengers joining at Wakefield, Barnsley, Meadowell and Sheffiled (so that people who joined at stations where there was no annocement are welcomed aswell so they dont feel left out.

me123

Established Member
Aren't you no longer allowed to say blackboard? You have to call it a chalkboard. Of course, whiteboards are still whiteboards. As a white person, I find it highly offensive, and believe that they should be called Dry-Wipe-Markerboards. And don't get me started on Blackberries, Black Sabbath, Whitefish...

mbonwick

Established Member
Whitesnake for another

I do think that Jezza was a bit out of line calling Gordon a "one eyed scottish idiot"

mrcheek

Established Member
Whitesnake for another

I do think that Jezza was a bit out of line calling Gordon a "one eyed scottish idiot"

I think Clarkson stole that line from me, but wasnt brave enough to say the whole line. The full quote is:

"We shouldnt blame Gordon Brown for all his failings. After all, it cant be easy being a half-blind closet queer"

me123

Established Member
I have to laugh at it; Brown's probably the worst politician I've seen for a long time; and this is coming from someone who was keen to give Brown a chance when he first came in. Please don't send him back up here!

The "One-Eyed Scottish" bit was a bit too far if you ask me, though.

frame

We've only got ourselves to blame in my opinion,we have turned into a nation of wimps (uk,maybe the same in other countries) the area I live in is a bit different to some. I would consider anyone a friend if I thought they were a good person no matter what their orientation . Its dissapointing but the " do good fraternity",humanitarians etc in my opinion are causing nice people to have racist views

mrcheek

Established Member
Its dissapointing but the " do good fraternity",humanitarians etc in my opinion are causing nice people to have racist views

I agree with this 100000%.

Ive noticed a change in the attitudes of young people in recent years. Time was when people would act embarrassed at a race-related joke, and cringe if certain racial slurs were used. Nowadays, they laugh out loud. These are not dumb racist people, these are intelligent, good, moral people, who I think have simply got fed up with things, figuring that if the PC brigade is going to label them "racist" no matter what they do, then they might as well just go ahead and act like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.