• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Locomotive Services Limited purchased some HSTs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonexpress

I've heard rumors thats Locomotive Services Limited have purchased some ex GWR HST coaching stock with a photo on flickr showing it being moved from storage, anyone else know much about it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There are now five mark 3s at Crewe ex-lner. Six ex-GWR mark 3s were moved from Long Marston to Eastleigh this week.

fgwrich

Established Member
I would have hoped they would have taken the ex-LNER BR-liveried set after the effort made to re-paint it just before storage.

I don't doubt the effort put into it, but that is an Angel owned set. Whereas LSL have been working with Porterbrook and it's subsequent purchases (Ex Caley Sleeper Mk3s, HST Vehicles, 2 x Class 90s, ex Anglia LHCS set). Angel may have other ideas for their stuff (along with the other ex LNER/FGW/GC HST Vehicles at Ely).

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I don't think the re-liveried set can be used in timetabled passenger service because it doesn't have the colour-contrasting doors now required by accessibility rules. Charters such as the tour it ran are, I believe, exempt from this requirement.

Neptune

Established Member
I don't think the re-liveried set can be used in timetabled passenger service because it doesn't have the colour-contrasting doors now required by accessibility rules. Charters such as the tour it ran are, I believe, exempt from this requirement.
LSL run charter services so will be exempt.

43 302

Established Member
AKAIK the LNER tour was only exempt because there were stewards at every door.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Looks like there are various timetabled runs between Ely Papworth and Eastleigh this week. I keep hearing this ‘LSL has a contract to cut them up’ rumour is there any truth to it?

devonexpress

AKAIK the LNER tour was only exempt because there were stewards at every door.
It was run as a charter train and not an in passenger services, so was still exempt, the stewards where probably to speed up boarding.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Think this is correct - but it wouldn't be too difficult to alter the door paint scheme to solve that! Not that it would look as good obv.

It was run as a charter train and not an in passenger services, so was still exempt, the stewards where probably to speed up boarding.
The stewards were on the train to ensure passengers did not lean out of the windows when the train was in motion.

rebmcr

Established Member
Think this is correct - but it wouldn't be too difficult to alter the door paint scheme to solve that! Not that it would look as good obv.

BR Blue/Grey carriage sides with Prototype HST 'inverted' Grey/Blue on the doors might be compliant — and while it's never been an officially-carried livery, it's at least in keeping with the spirit of the class' history.

Status
Not open for further replies.