• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Headcode Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
In this game, you must find the headcode to the following services.

I am absolutely NO good whatsoever at creating rules, so if anyone has any then do feel free to post them.

The first service to find the headcode to is Arriva's 0653 Taffs Well - Radyr service.

GO GO GO! Enjoy :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
The 0653 travels via the City Line. Calls at Radyr, then all stations to Cardiff Central and all stations to Coryton.

The 2216 Mirfield to Bradford Interchange is the 1948 from London, and the headcode is 1D95.

gnolife

Established Member
Reporting Number, please !

A headcode is not a Reporting Number

Eh what?
This game is getting given a time, departure station and a destination station, then getting the headcode. I ain't sure how Reprting numbers enter in.

Zoe

Established Member
Eh what?
This game is getting given a time, departure station and a destination station, then getting the headcode. I ain't sure how Reprting numbers enter in.
The headcode was literally the code displayed by lamps or discs at the head of the train to show the class of the train.

Last edited:

sprite

Eh what?

I think Old Timer is meaning that what is being called a headcode in this thread is actually a reporting number. A headcode is usually represented by discs.
24133chesterdepotsmall.jpg

Image taken from http://www.derbysulzers.com/
On the left, the loco is displaying a reporting number of 0000 and the loco on the right is showing a headcode of being the royal train.

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I mean these:

1E15 the 1200 Kings Cross - Inverness
1V60 - 0820 Aberdeen to Penzance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So, the next code to guess will be:

Sunday service: 1922 Wakefield Westgate to Bristol Temple Meads.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The WKF to BRI service is 1V70.

1800 London Liverpool Street departure to Norwich please :smile:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
2F83

2220 Cookham to Furze Platt please :smile: Now... Who has to look up where these two places are?!

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
2B64

I'm going to bring in another game; I'll provide you with a headcode and you have to provide the operator and the service. I will make sure it's not a headcode that's appears twice. So now you can give a service or headcode :)

So, 2M93

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Incorrect ;) I scrapped in with an edit before you posted! <D

2305 Huddersfield to Manchester Victoria - just be careful with this one that there isn't a duplicate headcode somewhere... common occurrence!

Next one: Please list ONE of the 6 services that operate 1L52 in weekday service :smile:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
SE's 1722 Sevenoaks to Bedford... Floor Open, Ga'Night again!

sonic2009

Established Member
2O00 guess the service. It's a service operated by a TOC with a another TOCs train.. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.