• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help With Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

I am hoping to open a London2012 page on my site and want to use the London 2012 logo, can anyone help me out on what I should do about copyright issues. I would also like to use the map which was posted a few days ago (By TFL) the same question applys.

Thanks in advance

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

I *think* it's usually okay as long as it's only for personal or non-commercial use. That's what TfL/LUL say about the tube map, anyway.

T

Tom

Well, I'm not making it for commercial distribution and I haven't been annoyed by TfL yet so it seems to be OK!

Dave A

I had A LOT of problems with copyrights when I first started site building.

Logos should be alright as long as there is a link or with thanks message somewhere. That is classed as advertising which all companies like as they would usually pay thousands of pounds to do it. But London 2012 uses the IOC's logo, so I'd check on their website as well.

TFL maps are technically a free source. Anyone can pick them up at stations and they are on the net everywhere! Again using them promotes advertising so I'd suggest a link or with thanks to be safe.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I got told off for just referring the brand "Eurostar" to my bve class 373 and they threatened legal action.... so watch yourself!

Jordy

Established Member
I got told off for just referring the brand "Eurostar" to my bve class 373 and they threatened legal action.... so watch yourself!

Really! :o Thats a bit OTT isn't it!

Jordy

tramboy

Eurostar a touchy with their logos and what the brand is associated with.

I remember reading that Chris (Longhurst?) (ChrisTrains?) had some real problems getting the 373 model for MSTS released with eurostar branding.

Dave

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
did he? well its not eurostar branding I was particularly after, except the name "Eurostar" tells you closely what it is - not everyone understands what a class 373 is! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.