Hemel Hempstead to Old Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinicalDev

Hey, so I need to go from Hemel Hempstead to Old Street station tomorrow morning. I have a job interview for my apprenticeship. I need a day travel ticket and I am confused about the zones etc.

I will be going in the morning, so peak times, and leaving my interview at around 5ish. I do not have a travel card or anything, and probably can't pass as a child (I'm 16 and 6Foot 2inch)

Thanks for any help.

~Josh

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Hey, so I need to go from Hemel Hempstead to Old Street station tomorrow morning. I have a job interview for my apprenticeship. I need a day travel ticket and I am confused about the zones etc.

I will be going in the morning, so peak times, and leaving my interview at around 5ish. I do not have a travel card or anything, and probably can't pass as a child (I'm 16 and 6Foot 2inch)

Thanks for any help.

~Josh

Hi,

It's probably best you buy a One Day Travelcard from Hemel, it will cover everything you need to do.

Paul Kelly

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a standard class out-boundary Anytime Day Travelcard available from Hemel Hempstead. An alternative would be to buy an anytime day return to Boundary Zone 6 priced at £10.10 together with an in-boundary Anytime Day Travelcard for £15.80 - total cost £25.90.

However an Anytime Day Travelcard from Berkhamsted is valid to start and finish short at Hemel Hempstead, and is slightly cheaper at £24.80.

If the OP could provide some more details on the exact time of the morning journey into London and the destination, somebody might be able to offer a better value combination.

Edit: This is wrong - the out-boundary Anytime Day Travelcard is available at £23.70 - see below

Last edited:

John @ home

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If I'm not mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a standard class out-boundary Anytime Day Travelcard available from Hemel Hempstead.
The Manual NFM 12 has:

HEMEL HEMPSTEAD - LONDON ZONES 1-6 route ANY PERMITTED Anytime Day Travelcard (ADT) £23.70.

Status
Not open for further replies.