• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Here We Go Again -- Another Call for a Heathrow Link Line to the South

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Paul

Established Member
About as regular a 'silly season' feature in the press as Lord Lucan discovered (again) or another 'big cat' seen, we have the latest call for a railway link to Heathrow from the south. A couple of quotes:

The so-called Southern Rail Link scheme would involve laying new track from Terminal 5 station down to the existing South Western Railway network at Staines. From there, trains could travel through Twickenham and Richmond -- or via Hounslow and Brentford -- to reach Clapham Junction and Waterloo.

A second branch is also proposed to run from the airport to Virginia Water, providing services out to Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire. This second branch would enable trains from those counties to conceivably use the existing Elizabeth line infrastructure to get to Paddington, including a stop at the HS2 station Old Oak Common.

I'd like to see a railway link from the Staines or Feltham area to Heathrow -- indeed, I think that this should have been built way back, rather than extending the Piccadilly Line -- but I can't see this coming about.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snowball

Established Member
There is already a thread about this:

Status
Not open for further replies.