• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hexham to Carlisle, Major Delays (10/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick82

I am new to the railways, bear with me...
Major delays by up to 70 mins tonight between Hexham and Carlisle due to Safety checks. Is this normal or a PR phrase for something a little more sinister.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
Those sort of size delays with that public reasons would put me in mind of something like a rough ride or track defect of some sort. Possibly even a low hanging tree striking trains but not fallen.

Graeme

No, I was on the 1628 Carlisle-Newcastle which hit sheep on the line between Bardon Mill and Haydon Bridge. They bounced along under the 156 we were on, causing damage to the rear engine, which was knocked out. The line was temporarily blocked while investigations into what we actually hit were under way (initially it was thought we'd hit a tree).

The driver and guard remained extremely calm and professional throughout, a credit to the company.

Nick82

So basically its a sort of issue that has just become apparent and its critical enough to be sorted with immediate effect.

TheEdge

Established Member
So basically its a sort of issue that has just become apparent and its critical enough to be sorted with immediate effect.

Yea, despite sounding generic its as close to the truth as possible without starting on the jargon.

Status
Not open for further replies.