• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Historical' Real Time Trains (etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
Hello,

Now that I own the full Western Mainlines route (Penzance - Pad) I'm looking at creating some scenarios based on the 'good old days' ;) (100% long distance HST operation).

Is there anyway of accessing real time trains for say a Saturday in August 2016 etc.? Basically it is stuff that I should have captured at the time, but would be the best for me to base off, compared to the current timetable which whilst running on HST Sectional Running Times, is still a little different.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hello,

Now that I own the full Western Mainlines route (Penzance - Pad) I'm looking at creating some scenarios based on the 'good old days' ;) (100% long distance HST operation).

Is there anyway of accessing real time trains for say a Saturday in August 2016 etc.? Basically it is stuff that I should have captured at the time, but would be the best for me to base off, compared to the current timetable which whilst running on HST Sectional Running Times, is still a little different.

Thanks

I don't believe even by manipulating the Web address you can go that far back on RTT, but if it's any use the DP Simulation website has a sizeable archive of older timetables, here is the GWR page:
https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/great-western-railway-timetables.html

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks for that, very useful link and will take a look... almost as if its been designed for situations like mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.