• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby 2008 catalogue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

http://hornby.com/2008/

Happy new year everyone, i hav'nt yet looked at it but im about to. Supposedly there have been no leaks and there should be the odd surprise inside...

In other news, no bachmann 2008 as of yet.

Well just had a very interesting look and was surprised in cases. Hornby have caught onto the idea of DCC sound like Bachmann and brought out a 56, 60 and a Duchess, first of the two to catch onto DCC steam sounds.

Hornby is also taking on Bachmann with their 75000 class and producing three class 20s too!

For southern fans after the highly detailed N15s, schools class and plenty of new maunsel coaches to come...

Looks like a nice selection of locomotives and some rather different limited editions:
r2685-4318.jpg

r2684.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
having spoken to a friend who spoke to bachmann at warley there CEP should be being released at Warley next year!!! YAY!!! :D

Nathan

NEXT YEAR?! 2009 thats too long to wait, im hoping thats a mistake and should be this year...

Nathan

Thank goodness!

Does anyone know of when the Bachmann 2008 will materialise?

Nathan

Quick google search says London Toy Fair from January 30th to February 2nd. Thats a while to wait :(

Nathan

Hopefully some top notch models to come... I'm not sure how far they are into tooling the 4MT 75xxx class. Will be interesting models to compare against Hornbys.

I wonder if we can actually expect Pinza too, SWD hav'nt yet brought out a class 55 chip and it would probably be sometime after before release for producing and installing the units. *sigh* would have been better if they released the news this year rather than last and kept us all in suspense! Time will tell...

O L Leigh

Established Member
153's...?! Why are you expecting to see anything nicer than a retooling of the nasty Dapol Cl155? Likewise, what makes you think that the "Choppers" are not just another Lima re-release?

Sorry to be controversial, but the majority of Hornby's output is still for what might politely be called the "toy train" market.

one TN

Nathan

what makes you think that the "Choppers" are not just another Lima re-release?

Sorry to be controversial, but the majority of Hornby's output is still for what might politely be called the "toy train" market.

one TN

Well we know the 20s are a re-release, bachmann will still lead the way with their choppers.

Although, some of Hornbys products more increasingly re-releases. Those that arn't are excellent new models with very high detail. M7s, N15s, 56s etc. I personally wouldnt put them down too much on their range, however i do think that the 'railroad' is a bit of a waste of time and effort.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Their range is only as a result of hoovering up all the models churned out by the companies they've taken over. There is an awful lot of Lima stuff in the catalogue, together with smattering of Dapol OO (including the "new" Cl56).

one TN

Established Member
Their range is only as a result of hoovering up all the models churned out by the companies they've taken over. There is an awful lot of Lima stuff in the catalogue, together with smattering of Dapol OO (including the "new" Cl56).

one TN

Yes but Hornbys releases are better than the Lima Models they are all remotored and the paint jobs are alot better, i have two 73s and they both run amazingly because hornby re motored them and the paint job is spot on!

however i do think that the 'railroad' is a bit of a waste of time and effort.

I dont, its a good way of getting people into the hobby at a nice price, its good for people who purely want to play trains with something that is ruff adn ready and not have to worry about damaging details etc, espcailly the younger generation!

Nathan

Yes but Hornbys releases are better than the Lima Models they are all remotored and the paint jobs are alot better, i have two 73s and they both run amazingly because hornby re motored them and the paint job is spot on!

I dont, its a good way of getting people into the hobby at a nice price, its good for people who purely want to play trains with something that is ruff adn ready and not have to worry about damaging details etc, espcailly the younger generation!

Yeah, i can second that, very nice 73s they are, especially the Desiro liveried.

Fair enough from that perspective, they'd be quite fun to detail if i had one at my disposal!

Status
Not open for further replies.