• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby HM 2000 Power Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Hi

I'm Think of Getting the Hornby HM 2000 Power Controller But i've Just got a Few Question Someone Maybe Able to Answer.

1. Is it DC or DCC?
2. Does it Connect to the The Track or do you need to put Chips into the Locos?

The Reason Why i'm asking is becasue i'm only 15 and don't have a lot of money and if this is dc and can control 2 trains on 2 different tracks it would be better for me and would be better then the single controller and also i'm still learning about dcc as i've only be in the Model Railway hobby for a few months.

James Horrell

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
The HM2000 is a DC controller. Power is fed to the track through a pair of wires that connect into ports on the rear of the control unit, and of course plug into the standard Hornby power clip attached to the track at the other end.

Standard DC arrangement, basically :)

TRAINALEX100

Hello
Yes its dc and connects to the track you don't need chips and I've got a hm 2000 controller for sale as I advanced to dc if your interested please send me a message
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.